22 minutes ago, Captn said:

In theory it should be the reverse of that.  Idle would be in the high 12's and revving it would be mid 14's, not to exceed 15.  Lead acid battery? Do you have a way to measure DC amps? 

I have a multimeter but auto eleca isnt my striny point without guidence as to what to.set the meter to if that makes sence.

8 minutes ago, Captn said:

Is the battery older? Was it on a trickle charger prior to being used in the bike? Was its state of charge strong?

my mate has one of them, i'll see if i can borrow it.

yes its an older battery, prior to fitting it was on an optimate for quite a while but a good state of charge.

After a 12 hour float charge, load test the battery if possible to verify its load carrying capability.  Re install in the bike. Start and idle engine. Measure and record DC voltage and DC amperage at idle. Measure and record DC voltage and DC amperage at 4500 rpm. You should see voltage increase from idle to 4500. Amperage should not increase much during this same test. Carb or fuel injection?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, Captn said:

You need a meter that clamps around the battery positive cable that measures amperage one similar to this to collect amperage reading.  

220px-Clampmeter_Fluke_337.jpg

If you are going to use a CLAMP METER for DC, Make sure it has a Hal sensor in the clamp. Old trans former type only measure AC ,one wire at a time only.(y)