92 GSX 1100 G Front End Build

So the wife has been hounding me about owning too many bikes. Says I don't need my GSX 1100 project. So it's use it or lose it time and I want to make this thing rip. I'v already got the GSXR1100 cams. and I'm going to put an EFI system in it (might put small turbo later). But before I start upping the horsepower I want to get better handling and breaking! So time to put a modern front end on it. I've seen people swap out 2000's GSXR front ends... but what about a 'Busa? Anyone know if I'll have to mod the Triple tree to make it work? Can't seem to find any good specs to compare them both. Thanks again for any help and for all the help already on other forums and topics!  - Kronik

92 GSX1100G.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to OSS.

Not done it myself but I've seen blandits with Busa front end, the most you will need to do is change the stems. Of course as with all front end swaps you will need to sort some lock stops.

I think the main thing I'd look at is ground clearance, if I remember the gsx1100g has quite long forks?

Last year, I think someone on here was/had done what your thinking ie better running gear and a turbo. Have a very good look through the project section you may just find your answer (y)

12 hours ago, wraith said:

Welcome to OSS.

Not done it myself but I've seen blandits with Busa front end, the most you will need to do is change the stems. Of course as with all front end swaps you will need to sort some lock stops.

I think the main thing I'd look at is ground clearance, if I remember the gsx1100g has quite long forks?

Last year, I think someone on here was/had done what your thinking ie better running gear and a turbo. Have a very good look through the project section you may just find your answer (y)

I've only just begun to dig around this awesome site. Thanks again for the quick replies! 

• Like 1