1100f carb mods

alboo

Hi all please excuse me sounding thick as i am i have put a 1100f engine into a 1982 kat frame and sorted most things ,BUT it starts and runs like a bag of shite i could not fit the standard air box so decided to to go for k&n double pod filters and i know it so weak it only runs on full choke .

I know guys have done this and i am looking for advice,buy the way the carbs have been stripped and cleaned.

any advice would be much appreciated

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Get a stage 3 Dyna kit (y)

You will need to go to apx 136 main jet but that's just a ruff guess

Would tend to agree - 136's worked for me with a 1186 kit and a V&H Supersport pipe whilst a mate needed 144's on a bone stock 1100L with a Devil pipe - we dyno'd both bikes on the same dyno, on the same day. Airflow through seemingly similar engines have big effects on jet sizes.

The carbs are tin tops and air filters are k&n the exhaust is a period Harris modified to fit the dyna kits are a bit on the expensive side for a trial fit 

I was hoping some one had hit this problem and sorted in the past .

I do have a set of carbs from the 750 that are in good condition but they do not fit,the accelerator shaft catches on the oil pipes

From many threads on here over the years, many have tried to make std needles and jets work - some have managed it, most have got a 'form' of acceptable and a lot haven't - the DJ kits are expensive but they've done the leg work for you and generally they are fit and start - they do work with recommended settings straight out of the box, needing little dyno work to finesse the settings. Going standard takes shed loads of time, carbs on and off and / or dyno time - do you enjoy riding or fiddling? I'm not saying you MUST use DJ kit but for your sanity it makes sense!

• Like 1

Agree with @Gixer1460DJ kits work.

Got a set of gsxr750 38mm carbs on the gsx1100f motor that's in the kat, Spock to the lads at DJ UK and told them what the engine was what zorst and filters I was using, they set me a kit with no extra charge design for what I was running. After fitting it bikes runs very well. Top job (y)

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to all who contributed to my dilema I have received this morning a rejet kit from pdq 20% discount its a dyno jet 3 spent all morning sat in the sunshine and yes i did wear a hat

very easy to use ,it started like a banshee followed the instructions to drill the air jet and a few tweeks and its ticking over like good un and revs like a jet ,well chuffed.

Thanks again (the price delivered was £110.0) 

• Like 3