1980 GS25X refuses to start

Hi all being the owner of 2 old Suzuki’s I decided it was about time I joined this forum.....I’ve been a Car/Truck mechanic for the past 26 years but I do find bikes sometimes very frustrating so I’m just putting this out there I’ve got a 1980 GS25X (GSX250E) I dragged it from a barn where it had been lying for years, the carb linkages were badly corroded and seized so I decided to fit/modify 2 Bandit 600 carbs onto which I just happened to have on the shelf in my garage......currently the engine is cranking over with a nice bright blue spark on both plugs.....compression is 110 psi on the left cylinder and 140 psi on the right.....both silencers have been removed as badly rusted up inside.....no air filters on the carbs yet.....if you leave the throttle and just crank over with the choke out it pops and bangs/back firing through the carbs and exhaust otherwise it just cranks over until the battery goes flat.....almost making me think the ignition timing is out but looks to solid state timing with no adjustment.....any advice would be great before I start any major stripping.....thanks in advance 

Thanks for ya reply yeah it’s a parallel twin, yeah you have a point there alright about swapping the coils around.....yeah I too thought about the carbs maybe being a bit on the big side but it’s one of those projects that I wouldn’t mind spending a few quid on if could I could at least know she’s a runner....parts seem hard enough to get for these old Suzuki’s