Fuel tap suggestions?

2 hours ago, CockneyRick said:

Had them before & tbh i'm really not impressed with em for the cost. So would rather avoid.

No, me too: mine leaked after a while. Ray Debben will rebuild with new seals for £25 though, which is a lot cheaper than a new tap.

Edited by Dezza
1 hour ago, CockneyRick said:

Yep, seriously have no interest in paying £150++ for an overpriced sieve!

True, but they're much cheaper if ordered via Trumpety-doo-daa-land, even with import duty, although it's still expensive for a tap. Those Drag Specialities jobs look just the thing though:)

42 minutes ago, CockneyRick said:

Got a link to them?

Trawl through Eblag: the postage and import fees vary widely among sellers (???) but last time I looked it was possible to get one with pre-paid import duty included for something like 85-90 quid, maybe less I forget now. Personally, the next time I need a tap I'll be looking at those drag specialities jobs. It looks like they do one similar to a Pingel for about 1/3 the cost.

23 hours ago, gs7_11 said:

https://www.hogparts.co.uk/products/petcock-early-custom-style-right-outlet-57-74-xl-66-74-b-t-tanks-with-internal-thread-br-br-part-508105?_pos=26&_sid=86ed46db4&_ss=r

I got one here. It's a RH outlet, which could be a bit awkward, but worked ok on mine. They seem to have a LH outlet in black.

Looked & there are plenty of choices for a good price. Shame the adapter plates alone are at least double the tap price!

On 5/19/2020 at 11:35 PM, Dezza said:

No, me too: mine leaked after a while. Ray Debben will rebuild with new seals for £25 though, which is a lot cheaper than a new tap.

Any idea where Mr Ray can be contacted?

Guess what... I have a leaking Pingel... and  it is annoying. Can you buy rebuild kits? Mine came with the tank I purchased.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:53 AM, Dezza said:

True, but they're much cheaper if ordered via Trumpety-doo-daa-land, even with import duty, although it's still expensive for a tap. Those Drag Specialities jobs look just the thing though:)

On 5/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, Dezza said:

Trawl through Eblag: the postage and import fees vary widely among sellers (???) but last time I looked it was possible to get one with pre-paid import duty included for something like 85-90 quid, maybe less I forget now. Personally, the next time I need a tap I'll be looking at those drag specialities jobs. It looks like they do one similar to a Pingel for about 1/3 the cost.

So there's the answer.  Have the parts shipped to my house.  Come over here on vacation, throw the bits in your personal luggage for the return trip.

• Like 1