GSXR 750 1990 exhaust header

justin

#martyngsxr was kind enough to let me go and see his Micron exhaust at the weekend. A bit of a you show me yours and I'll show you mine. They are exactly the same and his are confirmed for a GSXR 750 L. Big thanks to Martyngsxr for being such a gent. Doesn't change that the pipes touch the bellypan but confirmed that is the design and they aren't some mismatched Frankenstein exhaust. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the exhaust turned up today. Speed Products Cobra S4, brushed stainless headers and link pipe, stainless silencer. The badge isn't stuck as asked for it loose. They have 2 styles so will see which looks best before sticking on. Plan is to fit this weekend and provide a review on fit, sound and how she runs.

20200804_193551.jpg

20200804_193249.jpg

20200804_193322.jpg

20200804_193253.jpg

20200804_193241.jpg

20200804_193236.jpg

20200804_193023.jpg

20200804_193020.jpg

• Like 1

Well oil change completed thanks to @Captain Chaosconfirming 21mm socket. Had fun getting old exhaust gaskets out. Mmmm job has stalled..... Headers won't work with standard M8 x 25mm bolts so after much swearing M8 x 35mm ordered. Job will be stalled until next weekend. Rather frustrating but hey I have another bike and Wales beckons tomorrow :)

20200808_135102.jpg

20200808_135442.jpg

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

The 90 degree bend bit of an engineer's pick, £1-00 for a quality Eclipse item at autojumbles, enables fairly easy exhaust gasket removal:)

These buggers were well and truly sealed in. 1st one popped out easy as likes and then they just didn't want to play. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Dezza said:

Elaborate: why doesn't a Cobra pipe designed for a specific model fit that model?:)

Maybe because it appears that he's trying to use a Micron can so a 'custom' link pipe required which seemingly is where a non performance related issue has arisen!

EDIT - Apologies to Dezza, Just re-read the whole thread and yeah I agree - why doesn't a whole Cobra system fit, presumingly you got a whole system?

Edited by Gixer1460
21 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Maybe because it appears that he's trying to use a Micron can so a 'custom' link pipe required which seemingly is where a non performance related issue has arisen!

EDIT - Apologies to Dezza, Just re-read the whole thread and yeah I agree - why doesn't a whole Cobra system fit, presumingly you got a whole system?

looking at the pic it needs a blandit sump ...hence it hanging at wrong angle being tight upto to the existing one :(

The joy of one aftermarket system fits all models NOT 

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 1

The pic just isn't clear as to why it doesn't fit. If a complete system is sold as suitable for a specific model, it should fit that model, downpipes, link pipe, can and alll. From a Teutonic manufacturer I would have expected it to fit well out of the box. To paraphrase Mr Blewitt: "They make a nice stainless GSXR full system, these Germans."