Ignitor box wiring

Apologies if there is already a post on this... I promise I have spent a loooonnnggg time using the search on here and Google trying to find out... can anyone provide me with a diagram or a photo of which wire goes to which terminal on the below ignitor box (1990 GSXR) please.IMG_20200507_163359.thumb.jpg.3f4c44f3145e051a73895b7591684ac9.jpg

I have the schematic for the GSXR and the gsx750 my bike is based so I know I have the correct colours, just nothing identifies which terminal each colour goes to!

I think the three coil/ (2 lives, 1 earth) and a direct earth go into the larger plug. Then the two ignition signal wires and tacho feed are in the smaller plug, leaving 1 spare terminal?

The larger plug on the GSX unit had the blank spaces in the centre not one side as this is, so my guess would be to move the white and black/yellow across to the centre on this plug?IMG_20200507_164325.thumb.jpg.3216c06d4aec7305cb982c88abee1a12.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help offered on this!

I don't know if this is exactly yours but is off a gsx750 which had the same pin type as your pic

IMG_20200508_185519349.jpg

IMG_20200508_185634062.jpg

IMG_20200508_185508024.jpg

PS you won't find the pink wire on any wiring diagram I searched for it for ages it's from the gear selector and can be ignored

Edited by Lachie04
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update now my bikes all up and running, for future reference in case anyone else needs it!

On my ignitor box the Pink and black/red tacho feed turned out to be to opposit way round to that posted above. 

For testing purposes the 'pink' terminal had an output of 0.9v

didnt the japanese use the pink wire for speed limiters or speed warning lights on bikes sold into markets that required such things, i know a lot of small jap mopeds with electronic controls use a pink wire from the speedo into the ignition to cut power at over 30mph and all the chinky scoots are the same (which are all pretty much based on old japanese designs) and some of the jap home market bikes that came with speed limiters for the 112mph cutout used pink wires from the speedo back to the cdi to kill the ignition at that speed. my kat 400 had such a wire (which had been cut and insulated by its previous owner).