Aftermarket twin headlights

Hi all, hope your all keeping will amid these times.

so my post is regarding twin headlights, does anyone know of a set of aftermarket twin round GSXR slabby sized headlights? I’m building my streetfighter and plan is to make a bracket to fix the 2 original headlights together and still use them to keep them original still. I’ve started and it’s possible but a pain and might not look right especially being able to see the back of them. Are there anyway available in a very similar overall look? 

cheers bobby 

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Cool thanks. So it’s a 4” bates headlight shell? The original glass and housing fit straight in without any issues? 

It's clearly not a 4" light - and the 4" ones I bought only took 35/35w lights, which are ok on HD's! The 5" ones do take a H4 Halogen lamp. Not sure that other lenses fit Bates bodies (which i've never seen for sale without the lense/lamp)

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Like you say you can actually buy Just the shell casings universal to fit an existing headlight unit. Going to try that route, would really like to use the original headlights as they have a flat glass etc 

Link pls - i'd like to see what's is available as I wasn't aware of anything?

2 hours ago, Bobby said:

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/231006345216
Might not be the ones I actually buy, but here as an example 

Sorry I thought you were looking to get 'Bates' shell / bodies? I've just measured my 5" Genuine Bates lenses and some 5 3/4" lenses in my car are there is a difference in diameters so if a GSXR lense fits a Bates shell it may be 'loose as a cock in a sock' with a 5 3/4" sized shell ? Worst case -  just buy 5 3/4" lights and shells and no worries?

5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Sorry I thought you were looking to get 'Bates' shell / bodies? I've just measured my 5" Genuine Bates lenses and some 5 3/4" lenses in my car are there is a difference in diameters so if a GSXR lense fits a Bates shell it may be 'loose as a cock in a sock' with a 5 3/4" sized shell ? Worst case -  just buy 5 3/4" lights and shells and no worries?

ha ha brilliant way of putting the fit! yes indeed the safest bet would be to buy complete headlights! So bates are 5"? I would prefer to get a good pair of genuine bates to be honest if I am going down the complete unit route. 

• Like 1

I dunno - I looked on the Morespeed website and they describe 5" Bates as 5 3/4" ! ! !  but the picture above would seem to indicate that dimension is across the body. Flat or shallow faced 5 3/4" sized lenses will be easier to find and may be a bit cheaper - Bates seem to be around £50 each.

13 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I dunno - I looked on the Morespeed website and they describe 5" Bates as 5 3/4" ! ! !  but the picture above would seem to indicate that dimension is across the body. Flat or shallow faced 5 3/4" sized lenses will be easier to find and may be a bit cheaper - Bates seem to be around £50 each.

https://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/motorbike-headlights/bates-headlights-with-clamps-black-pair.html

Most likely I will be going to go for these