Slingshot rear wheels

Right I'm lookin to get a spare rear for my 750 L.  Now I've read on here slingshot rear's vary between models and different 750 /1100.  I want to get another wheel I can just swap when I drag race the old girl (1216 FI turbo lump)  and don't want to have extra sprocket carriers and spares ect. How can I tell differences if any?  

Thanks Colin 

1 hour ago, geogsxr said:

Later watercooled have straight spokes

Not till the srad. All the water cooled 750 and 1100 gsxr's before the srad were swept spoke like the slingshots.

1 hour ago, geogsxr said:

Not sure about all the 1100

The 1100 versions have a six segment cush drive while the 750 ones has five.

@colinworth79If you get an 11 wheel, you'd need an 11 sprocket carrier to use it in a 750.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Not till the srad. All the water cooled 750 and 1100 gsxr's before the srad were swept spoke like the slingshots.

I believe in 1995 when Suzuki tried to lighten the bikes up some 750 and 1100 they went to a lighter weight straight spoke design.  I've got a rear hanging around in the shed somewhere for the last 20yrs and it is a 5.5 not a 6.0 like the SRAD.  True that the first water cooled of 92-94 had the heavier curved models.

wheel.JPG.e506463bc91ab464cd7995c637a48780.JPG

Edited by icprey
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, icprey said:

True that the first water cooled of 92-94 had the heavier curved models

except the 600, it has straight spokes.

1 hour ago, icprey said:

in 1995 when Suzuki tried to lighten the bikes up some 750 and 1100 they went to a lighter weight straight spoke design. 

correct

Thanks for the info and help. Now I know what Im lookin for.

Yes the later straight spoke are slightly different,  the disc side bearing sit slightly further out. 

I will take my wheel out at some point and just check the sprocket carrier. 

I think it has 6 spokes going to the drive rubbers. The 4.5 rim has 5. 

12 hours ago, colinworth79 said:

Yes the later straight spoke are slightly different,  the disc side bearing sit slightly further out. 

Good to know.  Before I wonder why it won't fit the swingarm. The conversation has made me want to find a staight spoke front now!