GSXR slabside frame

Bob

Hello if anyone can help me out with a GSXR slabside frame information .i have a frame and engine but no v5 .the frame has two steel tags riveted to the frame  I would like to know what they mean if the frame is a special one or if it’s a import I also would like to know the year please look at photos thanks I hope someone can help me out. 

Thanks, Bob 

09E83A15-7C11-4738-BB04-9CCEA599B262.jpeg

A2C09532-9625-4644-BF86-63128E7814ED.jpeg

820DF3F3-076F-4F82-9D00-1C5FCCB3EC23.jpeg

I don't think there is anything special about the frame. The riveted plate could speak to a certain past.  Here in Canada a bike that has a rebuilt title would get a plate similar to that to signify it has been reviewed and considered legal again for use.  This could be something of that nature, but I never saw that plate on a stock frame before and it really looks like it was added after by someone wanting it to stay there.

Maybe someone recognizes it from their region.

3 hours ago, icprey said:

I don't think there is anything special about the frame. The riveted plate could speak to a certain past.  Here in Canada a bike that has a rebuilt title would get a plate similar to that to signify it has been reviewed and considered legal again for use.  This could be something of that nature, but I never saw that plate on a stock frame before and it really looks like it was added after by someone wanting it to stay there.

Maybe someone recognizes it from their region.

13 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Sounds interesting Bob, hope you are going to share the build with us here?:tu

Yes I will share photos of my build and if anyone as any good information about what to do and what not to do thanks bob.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yes I will share photos of my build and if anyone as any good information about what to do and what not to do thanks bob.

Don't bother bracing it. Adds shit loads of weight for no benefit. Just check the holes for the swing arm pivot spindle holes aren't worn, and the frame isn't cracked around the engine or suspension mounts. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, clivegto said:

That's not necessary true though I think it depends on the power of the bike & how much bracing is used. 

I am going to fit a 1200 bandit motor with  1216 big bore kit Kent cams and cylinder head work been done.should be about 140 horsepower that’s a lot more than the frame was designed for .i think the bracing looks good to like the yoshimura ones .big fan of number 34

14 hours ago, Dezza said:

This would explain why the Yoshimura slabside 750s had heavily braced frames:)

M

Mine has 156hp. It has issues as I mentiined, but bracing wouldn't help.

Most 7/11 slabbies racing these days aren't braced. 

I Believe the yoshi bikes wee braced as they didnt understand what was going on with tbhe interaction the tyres a suspension  and mistook it for excessive frame flex

• Like 1
On 5/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, dupersunc said:

Mine has 156hp. It has issues as I mentiined, but bracing wouldn't help.

Most 7/11 slabbies racing these days aren't braced. 

I Believe the yoshi bikes wee braced as they didnt understand what was going on with tbhe interaction the tyres a suspension  and mistook it for excessive frame flex

On 5/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, vizman said:

Not like it’s a 150bhp on off switch

Hi do you race your slabby or is it road bike? What wheels have you got in your bike have you up graded the front brakes ? Thanks bob 

15 hours ago, Bob said:

Hi do you race your slabby or is it road bike? What wheels have you got in your bike have you up graded the front brakes ? Thanks bob 

Race/track bike. 17" Astralites running Supercorsa SC2 slicks. brembo calipers and master cylinder

8 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Race/track bike. 17" Astralites running Supercorsa SC2 slicks. brembo calipers and master cylinder

What club do you race with? Please could you send me photos of your bike sound very interesting