copper head gaskets

I have a couple questions copper head gaskets for those who have them/use them.

Thickness. copper sheet I can find is either .9 or .7mm thick, standard gasket is .8mm the difference is half a cc either way. Further information, engine is a 89 GSX1100F engine, I'm fitting hayabusa pistons and having the bores out to 81mm.

O-ring the head. how much does this usually cost?

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Hopefully not in those bores LOL! Good boy - another fellow Cosworth piston user!

Everything needs a good clean. Bores are in great nick, just look shite in the pic. They'll be getting a good glaze bust along with a fresh of rings. :)

21 hours ago, Tombola said:

I have a couple questions copper head gaskets for those who have them/use them.

Thickness. copper sheet I can find is either .9 or .7mm thick, standard gasket is .8mm the difference is half a cc either way. Further information, engine is a 89 GSX1100F engine, I'm fitting hayabusa pistons and having the bores out to 81mm.

O-ring the head. how much does this usually cost?

Don't use copper gaskets, use OEM, MLS or fibre from Cometic.

Fibre from Cometic can handle 17psi boost.

Copper gaskets are very hard to get them free of leaks, I couldn't get it right..

Edited by Reinhoud
1 hour ago, Reinhoud said:

Don't use copper gaskets, use OEM, MLS or fibre from Cometic.

Fibre from Cometic can handle 17psi boost.

Copper gaskets are very hard to get them free of leaks, I couldn't get it right..

Just cos they haven't worked out for you doesn't mean they are bad - i've used them with nitrous and turbo to well over 2 bar boost - what does that prove? They are a re-usable gasket that needs careful use - just like building any engine.