530 chain conversion

thats what   i thought, mine is  fine for wear, but is very scabby and looks rough, been cleaning and polishing while i wait for reg docs, and the chain and sprockets let it down, i agree they look super trick, post some pics when you have fitted  yours

btw,  do you know how many links are required?

thanks for the info

They sent me one with 65 links plus the softlink so I'm assuming they know what they're selling.

Problem now is I checked the pitch tonight and found the chain is 525 and sprockets are 530, I'll be on the phone in the morning. Will send pics when I eventually get it sorted.

You need more teeth on the front sprocket to stop it eating into the swing arm, and more teeth on the back to keep the ratio , I'm running 18/48 on my EFE engined Harris so can't help with the link count you can go 17 on the front but I found the revs a bit high when motorway cruising

Edited by dago
1 minute ago, dago said:

You need more teeth on the front sprocket to stop it eating into the swing arm, and more teeth on the back to keep the ratio , I'm running 18/48 on my EFE engined Harris so can't help with the link count you can go 17 on the front but I found the revs a bit when motorway cruising

I have a 17 tooth front sprocket, looks like ill have to stay off motorways:D

Thanks anyway for the advice, mucho appreciated

7 hours ago, eddiegsx said:

Its correct for the stock efe arm so im led to believe.

They sent me one with 65 links plus the softlink so I'm assuming they know what they're selling.

In someone's wet dream maybe! 65 links will do the top run but sure as hell won't join the bottom! Std. length at a guess is around 108 - 112 links ....... better a bit longer than short a couple of links! 

• Like 1

RK are listing 122 links so that should be ok, i have got to try to work out what sprocket carrier i have, i am sure that the rear wheel is straight spoke 5.5 blandit but the guy i got it off mentioned gs 1000 sprocket carrier, and i dont know if pcd's are the same as the blandit, does anyone know?

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

In someone's wet dream maybe! 65 links will do the top run but sure as hell won't join the bottom! Std. length at a guess is around 108 - 112 links ....... better a bit longer than short a couple of links! 

Well spotted that man, I was wondering who'd spot that firstO.o

I counted the side plates!!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richyrich said:

If someone counted Sixty five links mounted on the bike , thats 130 and very very long . I'd spend a while rechecking that . Does anyone know a rule of thumb  with swingarm length and distance tween sprockets to give chain length and link count ?

As I said,  they sent the wrong chain pitch so it's not mounted on the bike, he told me when I ordered it that I would need to cut it to the correct length.

• Like 1