Gsx1100f and gsx600f carb differences

badger

After a lot of head scratching and some dumb luck with carbs I think I dont have 1100 ones. I thought they were different sizes but I'm not sure. I have two sets in front of me. One set has 2 fuel inlets, the other 1. The carb rebuild kit i bought had parts that weren't the same. Assumed they fucked up. 

If anyone could shed some light on it that would be handy! Thanks guys

GSX600F has a dual outlet tap as standard, so the GSX600F carbs would have two inlets. So do the 1100 carbs. The only sets of suzuki carbs I know of that sort of size that have a single inlet are Bandit 1200 carbs. GSXR 1100 carbs have double inlets as well. Can you measure the internal diameter of the inlet manifold side of the carbs by any chance?

No. Both GSX1100f and MK1 GSX600F carbs are duel inlet. Late model GSX600f carbs appear to be single inlet. this may be where the confusion is stemming from. Again, measuring inlets from both would be the way forward. MK1 600F carbs are 33mm inlet, GSX1100F are 34mm inlet. B12 carbs are 36mm inlet.

If you have 34mm, Duel inlet carbs then you have GSX1100F carbs. if you have 34mm single inlet carbs, the only reference I can find for that is GSX750W [Inazuma] carbs. Which also might have been a mistaken listing. It would also explain why you are struggling to find a carb kit for them. GSX750Ws are rare bkes this side of the pond.

Edited by lilredmachine

GSX1100f carbs [34mm]: slanted dual fuel feeds [used this pic as hideous clear fuel pipes used clearly distinguishes fuel intakes].

P1050962-r51.jpg

1990 GSX600F [31mm] carbs: straight dual fuel feeds.

s-l1600.jpg

1993 GSX600F [33mm] carbs: straight dual feeds.

carbs-back.jpg

GSX750W [inazuma] carbs: Straight single centre feed. Both Bandit 600 and 1200 are the same as this.

index.jpg

Edited by lilredmachine