Exhaust for 7/11 slabside

Zac

Hi it’s great to see the site up and running again, I used to be a member on the original site and it’s was a great resource.

i have a gsxr750g with a gsxr1100m engine (and 1216 kit :-) ) I put it together years ago when I was a poor student and so was always on a tight budget, I think the exhaust I used was a scorpion 4-1 for a 750 and I had to bash it flat a bit with a hammer so it would fit under the sump.

I’d like to update the exhaust, the bike still has fairings and looks reasonably standard so I was wondering if I could fit an original exhaust (perhaps take the baffles out as I don’t run an air box)

but does anyone know what would fit right with the 1100 exhaust ports sitting higher in the frame than the 750 should I fit an 1100 standard exhaust ? But will it be too long and have the can sat too far back ?

what sort of systems have people used for a 7/11 slabbie?

thanks

5900102B-C06E-416B-BA96-C89B1BF7390C.png

Edited by Zac

I’m just building up a 7/12 slabby.

I was planning on fitting and 1100 exhaust. I always thought the major difference with regards to exhausts on 750/1100 is the height of the engine , I.e 1100 is taller so an 1100 pipe will be slightly Taller on the manifold part.

Im hoping that this theory is correct, otherwise my plan won’t be as simple as previously thought...

5 hours ago, Askamaskinservice said:

Original GSXR1OOO K1-2       4-2-1 downpipes/headers are made of Ti and fit after a bit of fiddling on the engine.

Superlight and really cheap on the bay of E.

Works but it might interfere with your frame?

That’s a great suggestion would never have thought to try thoes, do you have experience of fitting them on a gsxr1100 motor ? They look as if the gsxr1000 barrels and head are a lot more angled forward than the old oil cooled one

The Gsxr 1000 headers fit with a bit of tweeking.  there's a bolt on strap between the headers, remove this, then you need to spread the deaders apart to line up with the gsxr1100 head.  some people heat them to do this, I do it cold with bit of brute force, foot on one header on the floor, pull up on the other. As you say they hang a bit funny as the head and barrels lean forward more on the 1000. 

I run an 1100 slingshot Micron on my 7/11 slabbie, fits fine, but I made my own link pipe and run a different silencer. Headers fit perfectly.

• Like 1