GSX 1100 x wiring problems HELP!

_luke_

Hello friends!

I have few unsolved problems on my 1980 gsx 1100. Wiring was all a mess so im trying to solve everything. 

1) low beam - on handlebar i have only option HIGH BEAM (ON-OFF). So NO low beam switch, no light on dash for low beam.

I guess when i turn key on ignition position low beam + position light should work.

2) front brakes stop light switch. I cant find what part am i missing. There is somekind of switch screwed into front brake master cilinder on handlebar. Between lever and switch i have nothing. What am i missing??

792435151_2020-04-2210_13_51-MyDrive-GoogleDriveGoogleChrome.thumb.jpg.0ae1dc8273ea975496a5f6fdee2d65c3.jpg

3) dashboard  PARKING light. This stands for side and central stand? I dont have any cables left to connect side stand microswitch?? Wtat should i look for?

Interesting picture - shows RH handle bar but reversed ! ! ! The front brake switch is a black rectangular plastic 'box' with rounded ends held to lever bracket with two screws - it has a little slide that slots into the lever. As lever moves the slide makes / connects contacts within the switch. It should have either two contacts at one end or a couple of wires, sheathed in plastic with bullet connectors on the ends.

What main  light switch is fitted? Is it off - side - main or off - main? Obviously if the latter the main light will switch on and that will be dip, The high beam switch should cut the dip when you select high beam.

For Parking light a better term would be 'Stand' - if your bike does have a switch on the side stand, it is a safety device that cuts the engine if you select a gear with stand down  - can be a PITA so most people bypass them!

54 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Interesting picture - shows RH handle bar but reversed ! ! ! The front brake switch is a black rectangular plastic 'box' with rounded ends held to lever bracket with two screws - it has a little slide that slots into the lever. As lever moves the slide makes / connects contacts within the switch. It should have either two contacts at one end or a couple of wires, sheathed in plastic with bullet connectors on the ends.

What main  light switch is fitted? Is it off - side - main or off - main? Obviously if the latter the main light will switch on and that will be dip, The high beam switch should cut the dip when you select high beam.

For Parking light a better term would be 'Stand' - if your bike does have a switch on the side stand, it is a safety device that cuts the engine if you select a gear with stand down  - can be a PITA so most people bypass them!

Photo of front brake switch as Gixer1460 described well.

3FD884C1-EF5D-4C77-A6EE-46B02BD95134.jpeg

Ok. Here are few pics. 

On glihts switch i have only position on Off or On. Switch will jump over S. 

So dash parking warning light should stand for what? 

On front brake switch is missing one part i guess. Could somebody take photo?? 

IMG_20200423_161721.jpg

IMG_20200423_161851.jpg

IMG_20200423_161909.jpg

IMG_20200423_161932.jpg

IMG_20200423_161715.jpg

2 hours ago, _luke_ said:

On lights switch i have only position on Off or On. Switch will jump over S. 

Odd - why have a side light position indicated that doesn't work? Have you checked a wiring diagram schematic to see if it should work? Maybe someone has had it apart in the past and lost the dedent springs?

So dash parking warning light should stand for what? THE STAND - its clearly illuminated in the warning box.

On front brake switch is missing one part i guess. Could somebody take photo?? Yep the slider although they sometimes stick in the lever housing - but more likely missing!

IMG_20200423_161851.jpg

IMG_20200423_161932.jpg

IMG_20200423_161715.jpg

as  say what now!? 1460 says, the slider looks missing, and the spring, l/h switch clearly shows  "s" which is sidelight, hold it in the middle and see if sidelights illuminate, if they do  then prob a detent missing or stuck

stand needs no further explanation

Edited by mark35gun
i didnt type that?