B12 engine into Katana frame

Pauly

Hi

i did a search for this, but couldn’t find much........does anyone have any drawings/sketches they would share of mounting a B12 motor into a 750 Katana frame? Failing that, could anyone tell/advise on the best way to go about this? 

cheers

Paul

• Like 1

the engine mounts should be made to your particular set up .... there is no “one size fits all” per say.... those drawings may have worked for the original fabricator but may create some issues for you.....not all header pipes are made the same and may hit the front down tubes ..... put the motor too far back and you will need extensions  on your header pipes......which imo look like crap......the sprocket to pivot angle is important as you don’t want your chain to contact the swinger pivot ....or create tight / loose spots on the chain during suspension travel.... or angle the motor too much where the collector sits too low.... 

• Like 4

Like @no class says each bike can be different depending on what zorst, carbs and sprocket size your using.

If you're making your own brackets you could use the front and lower brackets list in these pages as a starting point. Check the fit of the bits you're using and take it from there (y)

I've done two bikes using the brackets on here, the first was my kat and had to alter the brackets as for the zorst. The second one is the ET project I'm doing at the moment, the brackets on here work a treat and did not have to alter them, apart for my own preferred look.

Have fun and don't forget the do a project bit ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did this a few months back. 97 b12 motor into a 91 gsx750f frame. It’s not that hard. I kept everything mostly stock, but some parts do have to be interchanged so it helps if you have both motors at the ready. Gsx750f has cable clutch, bandit is hydraulic. Sprocket covers are different which causes a issue but think it out and can work either way. 1200 motor is taller so slight modification to the upper crossmember of the frame is needed. Think I did it in a weekend.