to customise or not to customise? ....that is the dilemma

Dixie

Nowaday so-called caferacers have absolutely nothing in common with the original concept. Going as fast as the wallet allows today would see totally different bikes being used to modify (Hayabusa's?) The wood-grain, brown leather seat, tassle decorated bikes the bearded folk produce really should be called retrocruisers as they are about life style rather than going fast.  I feel sorry for the hacked up classic Japanese bikes that will eventually end up on the scrapheap when the fad has blown over.

[/rant over]

• Like 4
15 hours ago, arnout said:

Nowaday so-called caferacers have absolutely nothing in common with the original concept. Going as fast as the wallet allows today would see totally different bikes being used to modify (Hayabusa's?) The wood-grain, brown leather seat, tassle decorated bikes the bearded folk produce really should be called retrocruisers as they are about life style rather than going fast.  I feel sorry for the hacked up classic Japanese bikes that will eventually end up on the scrapheap when the fad has blown over.

[/rant over]

Unfortunately this is the way it goes. Much like the Chopper scene collectively laughed when Cruisers appeared there are still some cruiser owners who think they have a chopbobberbarhopper. A bike painted black with loads of pointless shit stuck to it is now a Rat bike.  The streetfighter scene is full of  sportsbikes with no fairing that have no resemblance to streetfighters, now we have cafe racers/ scramblers :v  that are nothing remotely like what they claim to be. 

It does make me wonder what hilarious fad will come next...

57 minutes ago, K.H.I said:

It does make me wonder what hilarious fad will come next...

I can’t even hang out at the gentrified barbershop to find out the gossip on what will be choppular next.....

...over a latte jojoba beard oil.

Look to the east, see what the Japanese are kicking the arse out of, which is everything.... the irony of the cho lo scene is you can’t tell they aren’t Mexican when they wear sunglasses....they even talk the talk.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ccroaker said:

this is my 77 GS750......Just like how they look and ride....

318.jpg

159.jpg

Timeless pic, that could have been taken anytime in the last 40 years,so nice to see a stock-ish one with a couple of period mods, beautiful bike (y)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DAZ said:

Timeless pic, that could have been taken anytime in the last 40 years,so nice to see a stock-ish one with a couple of period mods, beautiful bike (y)

thanks for that... i have all the original bits if i want to put it back to standard... apart from the exhausts... hard to find and expensive

Restore it.  Put on quality shocks.  Do something with the motor, like cams, bigger bore, and some flat slide carbs.  Bike will look like stock,  ride much nicer.  If it has a 19" in. front wheel, I might consider bringing that down to a 17 in", for quicker steering.  The front wheel wouldn't match the rear, so you might need to consider that, and stuff a matching rear wheel, and go through whatever is necessary (I don't know, it might not be much, it could be the worse decision you ever made, but could turn out really well). My two cents (U.S.) worth.  :)