busa swingarm in slingy

Gsxrsam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi! New here! I'm putting a Gen2 Busa extended swingarm into a L model gsxr750 frame. I've heard that it's works better with a custom bolt on lower shock linkage adaptor. I've heard that danm54 makes these. I want to run the stock Gen2 Busa shock and linkage....would this be possible with the said billet adaptor? Cheers. Could someone please put this message his way if he's still on here. Thanks. :)

Edited by andy123
Spelling mistake.
  • 4 years later...
On 10/13/2015 at 7:36 PM, Danm54 said:

Use one of these with a k series knuckle.

Dog bones depend on ride height and swing arm length obviously.

Got some anodised matt black as well.

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/Danm54/Billet%20Stuff/101_2990.jpg

Hi Danm54, 

I had heard of these mysterious Adaptor plates as i was searching for information on fitting a 750K1 arm into my 1100K Slingshot. At the moment I’m going down the route of K1 arm, Standard 1100K knuckle, shock and shorter (130mm) dogbones. Just awaiting some parts to get it all together.

Ive heard conflicting advice that i need this adaptor (but what Knuckle), run with 1100k set up as above but softer spring? So my question is, do you still supply these, which knuckle, and how much please? Tia

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Dan can still get these Adapter plates, i ordered one at the weekend for my 1100K with 750K1 arm

I too am aware that you can change the spring to a softer one, i believe MeanBean did this some time ago on his race bike. 

However i hope that fitting the adapter and a knuckle for a 600/750/1000 K1 has got to be simpler than hunting down and trying many springs, then tuning the shock unit to suit?

Good luck on your search for the correct Spring. I had heard that a CBR600 unit worked?

Following 

11 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Remember that the damping forces are also influenced by the link ratio, not only the spring rate. Therefore it is important to get the link ratio correct to get the rear end to work in a safe manner :-)

Thanks Guys, I'll chase up DanM and see if one of his adaptors will fit my bike, if not then it's probably time for a custom shock.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:26 PM, NorthernBloke said:

Thanks Guys, I'll chase up DanM and see if one of his adaptors will fit my bike, if not then it's probably time for a custom shock.

A custom shock will not solve the problem. You must sort out the link ratio. Than you can use a rear shock from a gsxr 1000 K5/K6 or GSXR 600 K6-K9.