Hydraulic clutch

8 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

can you not swop the input shaft or gearbox for one from a long stroke ? 

Not sure on that yet... it may be an option. It also may be an option to bore the exising shaft - I'm sure I read on here it has been done. I've spoken to my machinist friend and he's done similar before, just not on MC parts. I need to find out some specs of the hollow shaft (hole size etc.) and if they are just case or through hardened first.

Perhaps someone on here can advise if a swap is possible?

2 hours ago, 60Greyhound said:

Not sure on that yet... it may be an option. It also may be an option to bore the exising shaft - I'm sure I read on here it has been done. I've spoken to my machinist friend and he's done similar before, just not on MC parts. I need to find out some specs of the hollow shaft (hole size etc.) and if they are just case or through hardened first.

Perhaps someone on here can advise if a swap is possible?

have you looked in Frankenstein's guide on here ? 

http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/archives/404

Edited by Duckndive

so... are any of the clutch shafts a direct swap for my motor?? I'm starting to think it may be a '91

Reading up on the BST38 carbs it has, they are the 'small hole' type, it says in a thread that the '90 had large drain screws so you could change the jets without dropping the bowls out - mine only has small drains (although I might try and find a set of large hole ones). 

That's presuming of course they are the original carbs for the engine!

When I pull it out to get the frame finished I'll take the rocker cover off and check how the valves are adjusted to be sure!

Edited by 60Greyhound