Coils

The engine doesn't care what ohmage the coils are but your std ignition drivers might due to the current they are asked to shift! Best to use a Dyna2000 or save some money and use a two channel ignition amp like a Bosch 0227 100 200 - https://www.Eblag.co.uk/i/293206194762?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=293206194762&targetid=877514743599&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9045747&poi=&campaignid=9437741753&mkgroupid=97371651778&rlsatarget=pla-877514743599&abcId=1140496&merchantid=189184776&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgo-5vprK6AIViLHtCh145QwREAQYAiABEgLssPD_BwE

I used one of these with green coils on the turbo only as the Motec didn't have onboard ign. drivers. This goes between std. ign box and the coils.

4 hours ago, Wad325 said:

Are these easy as to wire as once sort work out got income again may go that route

Easy - mine came with a connector but sure they are available separately - its 7 pins, but you only use 5 ! - see the picture!

0227 100 200 2 ch ign amp.JPG

Edited by Gixer1460
5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Easy - mine came with a connector but sure they are available separately - its 7 pins, but you only use 5 ! - see the picture!

Not that easy if you use stock Suzuki ignition box or anything else that usually drives the coils directly. They ground the outputs when they are charging the coil and the Bosch amplifier expects positive voltage for that. So you would need some electronics in between that inverts the signal for the amplifier.

3 hours ago, Arttu said:

Not that easy if you use stock Suzuki ignition box or anything else that usually drives the coils directly. They ground the outputs when they are charging the coil and the Bosch amplifier expects positive voltage for that. So you would need some electronics in between that inverts the signal for the amplifier.

Ah yes - Sorry I didn't consider the old style outputs from the Motec as everything now outputs a ground signal. If I was smarter i'm sure a simple circuit could be designed / constructed to do the flip-flop change. Query do you think a solid state relay could be used to do the change over ? ? ?

Well, a solid state relay with some extra components could work in theory. But I wouldn't bother to try since they are relatively expensive and usually they don't have the switching delay specified so you can't know if it adds too much variance to timing.

Simplest possible inverter circuit would consist of a couple of resistors and one transistor. First you need a resistor from ignition box output to 12V to pull up the signal when the box isn't grounding it. Then you connect this signal to a transistor that grounds its output when input signal is high. And then you need another resistor from transistor output to 12V to pull up the output signal. And that signal you can feed to the coil driver module (amplifier). So not very complicated but not completely trivial either if you aren't familiar with electronics.