Finished GT500......almost

Almost being the right word.  After all sorts of electrical problems I now only have carburettor issues...

One carb I have a sticky float valve, the other carb I have an issue with the pilot jet as now plenty of sparks and compression.... but no actual firing but hey ho.  The scary thing is how loud those pipes are running on one cylinder!

I'm pleased with it anyway :)

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

• Like 8
  • 3 weeks later...

They are indeed Higgspeed pipes.  The quality is very good and the weight saving over the stock exhausts is really quite dramatic.  They are somewhat LOUD THOUGH :)

I have only ridden (read limped) up the road & limped even slower back before the lockdown hit.  The bike was running on one cylinder - stuck float valve in one carb (that was the carb that was working!) and the other carb had a blocked jet somewhere (now cured).  Trying to get the bike to move was a struggle and the noise....!!!  Now purring like a kitten on tickover - clearly a kitten that sounds like it's a ring-ding-a-dinging a bell in an off-beat kind of way :)

Buy earplugs (I just ordered some) but IMHO the pipes are excellent.  I think the GP cans look great too.

Edited by MalkyB
Bad grammar
39 minutes ago, MalkyB said:

They are indeed Higgspeed pipes.  The quality is very good and the weight saving over the stock exhausts is really quite dramatic.  They are somewhat LOUD THOUGH :)

I have only ridden (read limped) up the road & limped even slower back before the lockdown hit.  The bike was running on one cylinder - stuck float valve in one carb (that was the carb that was working!) and the other carb had a blocked jet somewhere (now cured).  Trying to get the bike to move was a struggle and the noise....!!!  Now purring like a kitten on tickover - clearly a kitten that sounds like it's a ring-ding-a-dinging a bell in an off-beat kind of way :)

Buy earplugs (I just ordered some) but IMHO the pipes are excellent.  I think the GP cans look great too.

Thanks for the review and good luck getting it sorted and on the road. You’ve pretty much sold me on the GP cans over the normal style.