Mind blown

Welcome to OSS (y) we do like pics of your Suzuki's and/or projects ;)

Have a good look through the project pages, front end will be easy bearing swap or maybe a stem swap and sorting the lock stops, lots of different ways to do this again have a look through project pages.

Rear end maybe more work.

Hi, the challenge will be the swinging arm linkage, unless you’re well handy. 

Best to press the slabby stem into the K8 yoke, will probably need building up with some weld at the base, top hat spacer in the top yoke to take up the slack (smaller diameter stem) - there is more detailed info out there if you look.

I have a k5 front end on my slabby but it was years ago when it was done & I can’t remember the specifics!!

Are you using the k8 forks & wheel?

Will take some pics of everything tomorrow and put them on, I noticed the top bearing was smaller and was thinking of going 08 forks as well, either gsxr 1000 wheels are aprilia 5 spoke mag wheels. Picked up the b12 engine the other day and glad things are moving forward 

57 minutes ago, J1mmyGASIT said:

Hello and thanks

At work at the moment well far another hour then put some pics on and find another slabside stem for the 08 yokes....... just wondering if the 750/1100 yoke/stem are the same size ? Thanks

it’s a simple bearing swap..... no need to swap the stem .  All balls racing has a fork swap guide.... just put in your make/ model/ year of your bike .....just order the bearings for your k8 forks .... done.

01998FC3-2F32-4CEE-8502-F5C223693F63.png

B94DEB1A-4CCE-4E0D-A8CD-78EEACDB6B98.png

941EED3A-C079-4961-8E54-0D8C85BC423E.png

Edited by no class
3 hours ago, no class said:

it’s a simple bearing swap..... no need to swap the stem .  All balls racing has a fork swap guide.... just put in your make/ model/ year of your bike .....just order the bearings for your k8 forks .... done.

01998FC3-2F32-4CEE-8502-F5C223693F63.png

B94DEB1A-4CCE-4E0D-A8CD-78EEACDB6B98.png

941EED3A-C079-4961-8E54-0D8C85BC423E.png

Thanks for the allballsracing.com info, Will give them a phone Monday and get some sorted

• 2 weeks later...

I second using a all balls conversion kit, can just put the frame details in and it will bring up a list of compatible front ends with the part numbers for their bearing kit. I put a TL1000 front end on an 84 GSX frame with one of their kits, no hassle at all. just lockstops that you have to figure out yourself.

16 minutes ago, 60Greyhound said:

I second using a all balls conversion kit, can just put the frame details in and it will bring up a list of compatible front ends with the part numbers for their bearing kit. I put a TL1000 front end on an 84 GSX frame with one of their kits, no hassle at all. just lockstops that you have to figure out yourself.

Already ordered some pal, just a waiting game but plenty to do in the mean time.