Boost switch

I have planned to use the retard mode of my Dyna 2000 ignition, when I had my bike going the first time I had a boost switch, but I connected it apparently to the wrong wire, so I didn't use the retard mode in the end.

I did had an adjustable boost switch, but I can't find it anymore, and the choice on the net is not great.

What kind of boost switch do you have, and where from?

Thanks

I used 2 of these back when I had my slingy drawthrough.....1 for the retard activation and the other for the water/meth injection..... as they were adjustable , it was easy to set the pressure using a air compressor set at the desired presure.... wired in a 12v power supply and light.....adjust the screw until the light came on and when all was set..... installed on the bike ..... worked out great .

78887385-EB84-4A15-9EB3-544E01ABEF5A.png

Edited by no class
  • Like 1

There's a project for someone with a 3D printer - leverless std. microswitch in printed frame with diaphragm and plunger ? What sort of pressure are you wanting to operate at? I'm guessing with all the solid state electronics on cars nowadays, old skool 'mechanical' stylee Hobbs switches are becoming redundant? 

21 hours ago, no class said:

I used 2 of these back when I had my slingy drawthrough.....1 for the retard activation and the other for the water/meth injection..... as they were adjustable , it was easy to set the pressure using a air compressor set at the desired presure.... wired in a 12v power supply and light.....adjust the screw until the light came on and when all was set..... installed on the bike ..... worked out great .

78887385-EB84-4A15-9EB3-544E01ABEF5A.png

Yeah, that's about what I had too..

19 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

There's a project for someone with a 3D printer - leverless std. microswitch in printed frame with diaphragm and plunger ? What sort of pressure are you wanting to operate at? I'm guessing with all the solid state electronics on cars nowadays, old skool 'mechanical' stylee Hobbs switches are becoming redundant? 

I'm after an adjustable one, I think somewhere around 4 psi.

Those Hobbs switches are a bit big.