Stateside meet ups

Captn

15 hours ago, Captn said:

@BigTThere are tons of Hardly-Ableson sites in the states. I've found no sites with the caliber of OSS. Recommendations?

H-D has jumped the shark; became a parody character of itself.  In a few years, I expect the US market to become flooded with used H-D bikes as the owners decide they are too old to ride.  

I like the old GS Suzuki's, thegsresoures.com has great info and knowledgeable members, but they stay away from the "re-engineering" aspects.  They don't inspire me much.  There are some specific model line forums, Suzuki and other brands, making the scope of discussion feel too narrow and the membership spread too thin.  There are some good general chopper, street-fighter, or café-racer sites, but open to all makes and models, leaving the scope too broad.  FacePalm motorcycle groups are probably good for social and meetup purposes, but I stay away from FacePalm.  

OSS is a good format.  I'll stick with it.  Maybe in the near future, there will be enough members to create regional "events", "for sale", and "wanted" sections. 

20 hours ago, Captn said:

@BigTThere are tons of Hardly-Ableson sites in the states. I've found no sites with the caliber of OSS. Recommendations?

The GS Resources. They have a Meetingplace forum that has various rallies and meetups posted. Or, post one yourself. 

While this site is more about mods, GSR is more about repair and riding. Lots of daily GS riders there

Also, the Vintage Suzuki owners page on Facebook. They host a ride at the Dragon and a meetup at Barber Vintage

Sadly, the Suzuki GS Owners page on FB is crowded with people needing to post, regardless of experience, although there are a number of knowledgable people there

There is nothing like OSS I've found in the States

Edited by BigT
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, Poldark said:

I would definitely like to go to a big GS rally but Indiana is a long day's drive.  A closer one would be great.  All of us OSS North America members are so spread out.  The UK members are practically neighbors. 

Are y'all thinking of going to the 1/8/22 event in Newark?

Maybe we should ask the mods to start regional sub forums so we can coordinate rides and meet ups more easily!

• 2 months later...

Olsdkoolsuzuki.info has always had an international mandate. It's always very rewarding when we see our site providing the basis for fellow OSSers  to network and form real world connections. 

While it is true that most of the real world events happen in Europe, it doesn't have to stay that way, I would love to see that evolve to more accurately represent our international membership. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...