Spondon Turbo back to the 90s build

Allspeeds

So in 1998 I was12 years old I bought a copy of streetfighters mag an in it was jack frosts turbo wheelie record spondon  it was at that exact moment I knew I had to one day have one the same! I’d stare at the pictures for hours now like everyone else you didn’t realise how hard they would one day become to get your hands on so through out my adult life either lack of funds or lack of being able to find one have got in the way of owning one. Until the end of last year when I got a phone call off a good friend who owned one and was quite aware of how much I wanted one. Now the owner has done a hell of a lot with this bike that is well documented so I don’t need to tel you about that but a deal was made that I would buy the chassis and all the bits originally supplied but spondon for two reasons 

1- I want to build my own spondon not change someone else’s bike

2-he wanted to use many of the parts to build his other projects

so perfect for everyone (y)

now I want to do this build thread from a bare frame upwards but I’ve kind of done things a little backwards mainly to speed things up in the final build so the bike is currently out of shop having some fab work done all of wich I will post but for now this picture is my inspiration I loved this bike and still do so I’m not going to apologise if it ends up similar I dreamt of owning it as a kid and now I’m gona build my own version of it! Il keep you posted dudes (y)

A98B4DD6-B0B2-4341-A80B-549CDDD7566C.jpeg

• Like 12

I also bagged some superbike disc the rear is a fully floating brembo wich I’m happy with the front are some superbike spec brembo t drives the only problem with them is there not your usual on the market T drives there ones most can’t get there 7mm thick so you you have to run the mega expensive race mono blocks most a mint used set last week at £1400! So I’m dat on the fence weather just to buy a full PFM set for less money 

E64AD728-4C49-49D4-9ABB-36C80FAFC924.jpeg

879FB54C-F716-4AEA-9D1A-732FAAB73FCB.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Allspeeds said:

I also bagged some superbike disc the rear is a fully floating brembo wich I’m happy with the front are some superbike spec brembo t drives the only problem with them is there not your usual on the market T drives there ones most can’t get there 7mm thick so you you have to run the mega expensive race mono blocks most a mint used set last week at £1400! So I’m dat on the fence weather just to buy a full PFM set for less money 

E64AD728-4C49-49D4-9ABB-36C80FAFC924.jpeg

879FB54C-F716-4AEA-9D1A-732FAAB73FCB.jpeg

if you dont want the T drives i will take them off you  :)

1 hour ago, clivegto said:

I dare say you will have seen it before :tu

Wich is why I want to post it from its bare state so I can be seen a fresh build (y) at the minute it’s in a dry build state having some work done then il strip it once it’s back and post 

in other news I think I’m gona have some wheelsmade by Steve Taylor like these 

C993926B-BF55-4344-8927-4AD7BEC510B9.png

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...