Throttle Cables - 1100WT

I've an issue with my throttle cables.

I have stripped my carbs down to clean them and have mounted them back on the bike, however the throttle cables don't fit. I've replaced both of them. One is a genuine Suzuki item and one is a pattern part.

I am about 5 mm short of the cable sitting in the grip on the bars. Any ideas?

Just out of interest I'd be interested to hear what people think on which cable goes where.

Thanks,

Dave

cables.jpg

Have you re compared the "new" cables to your original ones to see if one is 5 mm shorter as patter cables can differ slightly from genuine ones?  Also the cables generally have no slack in them at all so its always tight to put them back on.  When I did mine I connected the carb ends first and had all adjusters slackened off as far as they will go, I then connected the bottom cable at the throttle end and then prized the top cable into its slot and hole with a thin screwdriver.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In my experience, when it comes to removing and re-fitting throttle cables it helps to have a pair of long nosed pliers, one of those small extendable magnet pen thingies, a strong grip to hold the spring loaded mechanism open and fingers like those of ET.:)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...