Suzuki Gs750 need help

Franklin

Wel and hicome.

Aluminium frame? Must be some aftermarket gold dust then. GS/GSX has a good old steel frame. Post some pics and we'll tell you.

And yes it has a clutch safety switch from the factory. It should be under where the clutch lever is mounted, with two wires. Follow these wires into the headlight shell and connect them directly to eachother, bypassing the switch. They are a bit shitty on older Suzukis.

Your wiring is a mess!

bike6.jpg

The thick red and thick black are the only things that should be connected to the battery as std. - everything else is bogus! The problem will be that additions look to be all in black! Everything will need tracing / corrected / replaced as required. On a different matter - throw the exhaust away as it won't help the running, neither will those individual K&N's unless the carbs have been modified to suit - but with the bike looking as it does, I severely doubt it has! I foresee some power washing, lots of strip down, broken / snapped bolts, lots of parts but a serviceable bike at the end.

Don't bother with a magnet - IT IS a steel frame! The bit that usually rusts is the LH lower frame rail internally - water collects here if bike is parked mainly on a sidestand! 

Well, time to break out the multimeter and find where you have 12+ Volts. The wiring runs battery-main fuse-ignition switch-other fuses-circuits

Since one dashlight comes on, you're part way there. Be sure to clean every connection, as resistance adds up in a hurry

With a bit of luck, those extra black wires may be additional grounds

Look for the yellow/stripe wire on the solenoid and trace that back to the right handle bar starter switch

you will need to clean the switch, put it in a plastic sandwich bag to contain the springs and poke your screwdriver thru the bag to disassemble

That one looks as if it's been sitting for a while, plan on stripping the carbs and cleaning them

If i were u, briefly,  and based on my possibly innavurate interpretation of your picture.   You need to figure out the starter circuit ,  it's in the manual .    I think I can see in the lower right a ring connector with a ^tang^ on it, that  goes to a two inch square thing on the batterybox or maybe hanging, the starter relay.  The two big wire from that goes to the starter motor and the battery.  You're fourth wire in the pic i reckon s an earth and goes battery negative. 

Take off all the body work and tank and trace those wires , ID them in the manual.  The next bit is to undo each connector in turn and get contact cleaner in them. Not all at once . One at a time and put it back, mentally note the wire colours.  Use masking tape to wrap and label any loose wires and connectors .  Take lots of photos to reference on reassembly. Concentrate on starter circuit . 

Standard oss practice is to make sure the engine has oil in it and turns freely by hand before gunning the starter motor with the plugs out .  My disclaimer is i might be wrong , its your bike your responsibility.   don't use too much force on the old loom or you'll pull the connectiors off the wires , don't use too much force on anything, let it soak in oil and periodically hit it. Use well fitting tools , don't bodge them, this way u don't round the bolts or strip the threads . Carry on