1200 into GSX750 Inazuma

No it went pretty much as expected. Not hard, but not easy. These things always take longer than you think and there are always little niggles to sort out on the way. Having the whole bike to nick bits off made life a lot easier.

In summary for anyone thinking about doing one (its nice to have all the info in one place)

Tank needs to go up on the rear mounts by 10mm.

Bottom rear engine mount on the frame needs drilling out to 12mm.

Use the 1200 engine, carbs, exhaust and clutch lever.

GSX airbox can be expanded out (carefully) to take the 1200 airbox rubbers

Main fuel line for 1200 carbs is 10mm, GSX is 8mm, so either clamp it real tight on the tap outlet, or put an adaptor in.

Coils do fit on original mounts (apparently)

1200 oil cooler fits, but I couldnt quite get it lined up on both holes on the frame. I expect it would with a bit more wiggling, or I may just drill another hole for it.

If using a Mk2 engine swap the neutral sensor, pickup/oil sensor and bin the PAIR system

750 CDI works fine

• Like 1
11 hours ago, 1100fred said:

Well done looks like your almost there summary’ looks good you’ve covered it all wish I was as close  got a electrical fault somewhere and sort the the jetting as well

This is why I wanted to keep the airbox I hate messing around with carbs! On the other hand I quite enjoy the electrics, what’s up with it? Sounds like you are pretty close though if that’s all it needs 

Edited by cheese monkey

Got 12months MOT on it now, took it for a spin, a few rattles under the tank somewhere but I recon I might have forgotten to take the coil mounting bolts and spacers out so I bet its the spacers rattling on the bolts.

Low range power is a bit flat but midrange is strong. There is tiny miss very occasionally when cruising but with ear plugs in you would never notice. Main thing is there are no leaks and nothing has fallen off!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 1100fred said:

Looks like your about three with it, I think I’ve got a fault in the clocks loom ?? Hate elecitric just have to have go through slowly don’t mind jetting plus side got to collect paintwork this weekend and found picture 1200 inazuma coil location 

That’s where mine are at the minute but because of all the loom, throttle cables etc it’s really tight! What’s up with your clocks?

Got about 1000 miles done. Maxed it this morning which was fun! Motor does not like running cold without enough choke. Spits and knocks a bit. However with choke it runs well and when warm its decent. I'm not overly concerned, recon the valve clearances could do with checking at some point this summer. No major issues, all is good!