Digital speedo drive

I welded the castellated washer that normally bolts onto the shaft end onto a standard nut. It worked, for a bit, and then fell off...

Have tried drilling the end of the shaft but as it's harder than a parson's stools I've never managed to succeed. So, at the moment, the 'Slimfast Bandit' has no speedo. SWMBO has said that she's bored of having no speedo, so it's a job to add to the list again...

• Like 1

If its 1052 CC motor the end of the final drive shaft has a threaded hole in the end . ive done this conversion . you,ll need gsrxr digital clocks or bandit clocks and the correct clock loom (important) plus a speedo rotor and pick up and obviously a clutch casing . i used my slabby original clutch cover and drilled it. ive done the same conversion on my mates harris 2 with bandit 1200 engine . We used a 15mm plumming compression fitting nut and liqiud metal to attach speedo rotor  to the compression fitting nut. You just screw it on to drive shaft . Theres just enough thread showing to hold compression nut on plus some lock tight !lol Both speedos work a treat . and no drilling

• Like 1

Cheers Rich, I'll have another go with a cobalt bit, and let you know the outcome (probably snapping the bit off in the shaft, or maybe snapping the tap off when I tap it after...)

once you are through the case hardening its as soft as cheese inside

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If you don't want to go down the drilling route then I do believe a Kwak zx10r sprocket nut (can I mention that??) has an integrated sensor. Can't remember which years mind ....

I have installed a Kwak sprocket nut onto a GSX1100ET transmission. I would imagine that you could do the same on your oil boiler.

Kawa_sprocket_nut01.jpg

Kawa_sprocket_nut02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all I've thought off the same thing about speedo. And I am just going to put my iPhone on my top York and uses Hud awesome app does all speed speed limit and compass. Just a bit easier. It ok fitting the drive pick up. But then wiring start to do your head in. It just a simple way off doing it. That if you have a iPhone but you may be abel to get it on diff phone regards Earle