Bleeding clutch!!!!

Nigkat

Having problems getting the clutch on my project working.

It's a mk 2 bandit 12 and I'm using a kwak zzr 1400 radial master cylinder. It's marked as 3/4. Is this big enough as I get very little movement on the clutch actuation pin less than 10mm.

Been bleeding it with no bubbles, pushed the cylinder back and it doesn't seem to get any better just enough to turn the wheel whilst it's in gear with clutch pulled in but with a lot of drag.

Engine been stood for quite a while so could the plates be sticking causing the drag?

Getting pretty fed up just pumping fluid through.

Thanks, yeah the slave cylinder has a new seal, so all good there.

Good to know that the master cylinder is up to the job.

I moved the cover over 5mm to clear offset sprocket and made up a new rod 5mm longer so free and clean.

Looking like it's ok then.

Probably get it all running, need to sort carbs out first and see if it frees up.

Cheers .

Had the EXACT same problem on the same master, and I had to dissasemble the master cylinder and clean it.  Found a sort of jelly around the piston from sitting also the fluid return hole is very small and that needs special attention. After that - problem gone! Great master to use for racing by the way, clutch action is like butter.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:41 PM, mikeyd said:

Had the EXACT same problem on the same master, and I had to dissasemble the master cylinder and clean it.  Found a sort of jelly around the piston from sitting also the fluid return hole is very small and that needs special attention. After that - problem gone! Great master to use for racing by the way, clutch action is like butter.

Cheers, good to hear.

I've bought a master cylinder repair kit, so should sort it.