Gsxr 750 1990 rear caliper dust boot seal install?

Jpich85

I’m assembling my rear caliper on my Gsxr 750 1990 but I’m having trouble seeing how the dust boot seal fits? I’ve tried it a few ways and can’t seem to fit it correctly I don’t think, when I install the pads there’s not enough gap for the caliper to slide on the rear disc as the pads is hitting the boot rubber instead of the piston, just wondered if anyone could help me see how this is fitted or have a picture of how it goes as I can’t find one online anywhere, my hayabusa rear caliper didn’t have one so am a bit stuck on this.

cheers

With you saying the pad is hitting the boot rubber it suggests to me you don't have the shims fitted which separate the piston / boot from the pad. I don't know how to show a fiche diagram on here, perhaps someone else will do the necessary, but if you go to the Alphasports website you can look for yourself what your assembled caliper should contain.

4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

The #14 pieces that the previous poster was alluding to are 'anti rattle / anti squeal shims. Whether you fit them or not doesn't make any difference that I can tell ! The boots look correctly fitted - you're not trying to use aftermarket discs or pads that could be fractionally thicker ?

• Like 1

The caliper looks right. The boot fits over the lip which runs round the ring-shaped casting surrounding the piston and then also on the lip on the piston itself. Obviously you have to get the pistons out a bit to fit the boot on them, then push everything back in before you mount the caliper. The boot also attaching to the piston should ensure it is clear of the pad. Your post suggests maybe you've got the boot attached to the caliper body but not the piston?

Thanks everyone I dig out my old seal and noticed it was made out of a more supple rubber as the new one was quite firm and wouldn’t fit around the caliper body making it stick out further than the piston, I’d previously bought another seal kit from wemoto and ended up using that one as it was more softer and could fit correctly so it’s all sorted now, I just hope the pistons that I bought with the crap seal kit will be ok as I wasn’t too impressed by it seeing as the the seal wouldn’t even fit.