GS1200SS Parts Book/Fiche/Website/Manual??

1 hour ago, ibrakeformoose said:

Not really.. lots of electrical and fuel system differences..

I have all the Suzuki manuals and nothing is even close.

i got a genuine suzuki  manual for my inazuma from Eblag and found a german PDF version on the net

There's a lot of 1200ss stuff on Jap Sites if you use gooogle translate   

1 hour ago, clivegto said:

Not that much different really, if your stuck with something just ask. 

Cheers, mainly looking for internal carb specs for comparison between 1200 Bandits and the SS. (as well as some speedo/tacho wiring, as people say they're the same as GSXR1000K1s, but they're not as 1000 tachos stutter on the SS)

MAIN thought process being that I might be able to  convert a set of Inazuma 32mm 750 CVRs to my SS spec to then use in one of my project B12s, but keen not to buy yet another set of carbs that won't do the job.. two 1200 sets down already and it seems that the total overhaul parts cost of a B12 set put them into 'write off' territory.. unless someone knows different?

I wrote a GS1200SS off in July, it did indeed have 32mm carbs on it, so if you could find the jet sizes it could be done. 

The parts from my crashed bike are on eblag, there is the set of carbs on there, but they are £££.  He sent me the cheque for the salvage instead of the insurance company by mistake, £350.... The engine is up for sale too, but he wants £800 O.o  Steer clear of that as it had developed a gearbox issue just before I crashed it ;)

Send me a PM if you have any questions, I'll try and help....

15 hours ago, robbo_64 said:

I wrote a GS1200SS off in July, it did indeed have 32mm carbs on it, so if you could find the jet sizes it could be done. 

The parts from my crashed bike are on eblag, there is the set of carbs on there, but they are £££.  He sent me the cheque for the salvage instead of the insurance company by mistake, £350.... The engine is up for sale too, but he wants £800 O.o  Steer clear of that as it had developed a gearbox issue just before I crashed it ;)

PM sent..

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:31 PM, robbo_64 said:

I guess the carbs are item no 183959080576  then :(

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 7:27 AM, ibrakeformoose said:

Pulled the trigger on them to save much arsing about..

Still looking for ANYHING in relation to a parts book or manual.. a flight to NZ might be a bit extravagant!

I had a look in the garage and the only paperwork I have left is the original NZ reg doc and MOT (Rego?) that came with the bike. Nothing with any specs on as such.... sorry 

Still reckon your best bet is persuading someone on here from NZ to try and track you down a (Haynes or NZ equivalent) manual from there and post it to the UK?  There must be something as they were fairly popular there?

• 11 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, robbo_64 said:

I had a look in the garage and the only paperwork I have left is the original NZ reg doc and MOT (Rego?) that came with the bike. Nothing with any specs on as such.... sorry 

Still reckon your best bet is persuading someone on here from NZ to try and track you down a (Haynes or NZ equivalent) manual from there and post it to the UK?  There must be something as they were fairly popular there?

Nah.

Yes, GS1200SSs were very popular here in NZ but this was always intended as a Japanese only market machine and were mass imported unofficially, like the British "grey import" basis that the Brits did with a lot of the 400/4 mini supers Jap market bikes back in the 90s. So there are no European language manuals that I know of. There may be a Japanese language manual. Soz. Not enough GS1200SSs were sold outside of Japan to warrant a Haynes/Clymer manual or somesuch, nor a workshop manual. I've never even seen an owner's manual. You're shit outta luck.

Folk who say "they're just a GSF1200 in fancy dress" are vaguely correct. But carbs are different, clocks are unique in that they came from something else and nearly all had the 180kph limiter which means the wiring does have some differences somewhere. The GSX-R thou thing sounds like bollocks to me. Yes to CVR32 from Keihin which look very similar to the GSF600 Bandit items!!

I did put a gsxr1000 clock set on when I first got it, it did work but as you say Rev counter hesitated for some reason. 
I sent my gs1200ss clocks to a place in Kings Lynn (Scorpio electronics I think!) and he recalibrated them to display mph and also removed the limiter. 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:07 PM, Hoomietune said:

some of the screws will need persuasion or slots cut in them

Use a small sharp chisel on the edge of the screw. A light tap or two in the right direction and they'll crack open. Done it hundreds of times on carbs, never had one not loosen.