1052 oil return pipes

53 minutes ago, kingofvenus said:

I'm collecting bits to convert short stroke 750 into a 1052. Will the oil return pipes for a 1127 work? 

I would have thought the returns that match the engine the sump you are using is from would be the ones to use

as would be the oil pick up that goes with said sump 

8 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

I would have thought the returns that match the engine the sump you are using is from would be the ones to use

as would be the oil pick up that goes with said sump 

I think he means the pipes on the front of the block. Are the 1052 and 1127 blocks the same height?

20 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

Dooooh must try harder :S

LOL's - a 'senior moment' - comes to us all !

I would guess that due to the stroke difference of 1mm there would be a block difference also - that being said the drain tubes aren't exactly a precise machined piece and have considerable 'slack' for movement within the block and head .............................. so are probably the same part !

On 1/5/2020 at 1:50 PM, Gixer1460 said:

LOL's - a 'senior moment' - comes to us all !

I would guess that due to the stroke difference of 1mm there would be a block difference also - that being said the drain tubes aren't exactly a precise machined piece and have considerable 'slack' for movement within the block and head .............................. so are probably the same part !

The block heigth is the same for 1052 ccm , 1127 ccm and 1157 ccm. The length of the conrods for the 1052 ccm are 117.4 mm, while the length of the conrods for the 1127 and 1157 ccm are 117 mm.

11 hours ago, Sandman said:

The block heigth is the same for 1052 ccm , 1127 ccm and 1157 ccm.

Yeah, correct.  All 1052, 1127 and 1157 are exactly 3.50000 inches from base gasket mating surface to head gasket surface.

It shouldn't make any difference weather oil drain are for 1052 or 1127 or 1157 as barrels are all the same height.

Never mind part numbers. Suzuki give different part numbers for the left and right. I bought all rights when they were out of lefts last time. No problem switching them around as part has no right of left offset.