Front end weight

I was changing the spring in my Teapots forks to something more fitting an adult sized person, 1.1kg/mm instead of the puny 0.8 kg/mm standard springs..:$

anyway i realised i had 3 types of forks sat here, so pinched the wifes new Baking scales and did some weighing...:)

Ive just got over the bollocking as i left them in the garage covered in fork oil.:S

anyway the table is below. 

GSXR750 K4 forks and  yokes  total 9.26KG not 8.26 as written!!!!!

GXR750 L/M forks and yokes total 11.27 KG so 2 full kilos heavier....:tu

1pQjuF5.jpg

fTbm6s3.jpg

N7oxqih.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

"...pinched the wifes new Baking scales..."

"...just got over the bollocking as i left them in the garage covered in fork oil.:S"

We appreciate your selfless act, and OSS wives all over the globe will no doubt have a moments silence to honour the passing of the kitchen scales, which are now obviously now your new workshop scales.

• Like 5

A litre of fork oil is more than enough for 2 forks. 1 litre of water weighs 1kg and oil is lighter than water so variation in the amount/type of oil among the 3 forks in question will not explain the variation in weight measured:) 1 fewer pork pie per day for a few weeks will more than compensate in allowing for the use of any forks...

59 minutes ago, Dezza said:

A litre of fork oil is more than enough for 2 forks. 1 litre of water weighs 1kg and oil is lighter than water so variation in the amount/type of oil among the 3 forks in question will not explain the variation in weight measured:) 1 fewer pork pie per day for a few weeks will more than compensate in allowing for the use of any forks...

so if i use the lightest ones I can have another pie:tu

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dezza said:

Did you just hear that whooshing noise Dezza? :D

Good stuff FBOB - even the 750l/m forks are a decent saving on the 740mm (axle centre to cap top)1100 L/M/N forks,  mine weighed just over 5.1 kg. The 750 K8/L0 forks I added are 734mm long and weigh 3.75 kg , the 1kilo springs were spot-on for my lightened bike and svelte 90kg self.

Hope the missus has forgiven you for the oil spillages, it could be worse . . . . mine wasn't happy with the oil in the dish washer/parts washer !