Fuel pump recommendations?

As above, anyone recommend an IN TANK pump that will provide enough juice for my slingshot turbo? It has been previously efi converted and the tank is modded to accept a late K gsxr 1000 pump with its in built regulator. The fuel rail I have is a dead head type, with no return on.

Just thinking aloud really as It would be neater to use something simliar to whats fitted as opposed to using the more straightforward external pump/reg/return set up

1216 B12 motor, Busa rods/pistons

K2 throttle bodies

GT28

Bosch EV14 60lb injectors

Edited by davecara

So I've used Gsx1400 pump made a well, and used the Gsx14 nut plate, welded into well. Deepest point of tank was just back from filler cap to one side. Thus providing internal  sump, to pump from. I had a small elbow for returning fuel also, this was just into lowest part of slingy tank.  Fuel. Performance new pump £55 great oem quality. 

Screenshot_20191230-122654.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-122705.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-122718.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-122724.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-122747.jpg

@Fula28I butchered a K4 tank a few years back and welded the mounting ring into my slingshot tank so I'm sorted on that score.

IF I can keep an internal regulator (Same as the late K/Early L setup) that would be ace but its not looking promising.

I'm looking at a Bosch 0580314076 150lph pump (£45 through work!) mounted in the K mountings and a 1:1 rising rate reg externally straight after the pump and the return back in next to it. I'm trying to avoid welding a return in though if I can

A 150lph pump is just enough to supply 4 x 60 lbs injectors, at nominal (3 bar?) pressure. Under boost and at higher pressure the flow will drop so probably you will max out the pump before the injectors. Most likely it will be ok unless you are going to push the injectors to the limit (+300hp) but personally I would select something with a bit more margin. Walbro makes quite compact in-tank pumps up to 255lph (GSS340 / GSS341 / GSS342).

If you have the regulator in the tank how you are going to supply boost reference for it?

1 hour ago, Arttu said:

If you have the regulator in the tank how you are going to supply boost reference for it?

I’ve been looking at dead head systems where the pump is controlled by a pwm(?) controller via the ecu. The pump is sped up as the fuel pressure drops, works well in a lot of yank stuff I’ve seen, I think it’s a bit too much for my little micrsquirt though! 
looks very much like I’ll be going 1:1 rising rate reg between the pump and rail

1 hour ago, davecara said:

I’ve been looking at dead head systems where the pump is controlled by a pwm(?) controller via the ecu. The pump is sped up as the fuel pressure drops, works well in a lot of yank stuff I’ve seen, I think it’s a bit too much for my little micrsquirt though! 
looks very much like I’ll be going 1:1 rising rate reg between the pump and rail

The PWM controller may work if the fuel demand / use is fairly linear - boosted engines are anything but linear! For the sake of adding a return fitting into the pump mount flange, a boost referenced FPR on the end of the fuel rail really is the simplest and most reliable system that just works!

• Like 1
On 12/30/2019 at 9:15 PM, davecara said:

Yes, the Microsquirt can't do closed loop pump control. Also I think this would require a turbine type pump to work properly since "normal" roller cell type pumps don't handle low flow conditions too well.

I think your best choice is to use an external regulator and add a return to the tank. Technically you could use also in-tank regulator without boost reference but this results some problems with effective injection pressure if you are going to use any significant boost.