Compatible Triple Clamps

DB90

Hey all! New here to the site and new to GSXR stuff in general. Very good info here! 

So to get to my question, I just aquired a set of 91 GSXR 750 forks and the are missing the lower triple clamp and axle. Can anyone tell me if there are any other years that are compatible with them? I believe the top is 50mm and the bottom should be 54mm.  

If I am not mistaken then 96-99 should fit.

I attached pics of the forks that I have.

Screenshot_2019-12-12-13-41-00.png

Screenshot_2019-12-12-13-41-06.png

Screenshot_2019-12-12-13-41-11.png

Always best to introduce yourself in the relevant section mate and then ask a question. There's a huge amount of knowledge on here and the majority of folk are happy to help out. But manors cost nowt and go along way.

Now to the famous search facility on here... The folks of OSS do like it when you use the search facility and can get a bit vexed when questions are asked 1000's of times and the answers posted as many times to... Thing is (As I found out) you really need a search facility to search the search facility..... You also need to type in the correct word or it will churn up millions of posts with the words you have selected...

There was something I read about USD forks and what need doing to fit em, think it was to do with pressing in the bandit stub, but I cant remember... Give the search a try....

Welcome to OSS mate, its good in ere......

29 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Always best to introduce yourself in the relevant section mate and then ask a question. There's a huge amount of knowledge on here and the majority of folk are happy to help out. But manors cost nowt and go along way.

Now to the famous search facility on here... The folks of OSS do like it when you use the search facility and can get a bit vexed when questions are asked 1000's of times and the answers posted as many times to... Thing is (As I found out) you really need a search facility to search the search facility..... You also need to type in the correct word or it will churn up millions of posts with the words you have selected...

There was something I read about USD forks and what need doing to fit em, think it was to do with pressing in the bandit stub, but I cant remember... Give the search a try....

Welcome to OSS mate, its good in ere......

Oops, my bad, sorry about that. Figured I could get the introduction and question outta the way all at once lol.

I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am having a hell of a time finding exactly what I need. Every post that has any of the words I'm searching for pops up. Got a bit impatient trying to weed through all of the results lol

1 hour ago, Boothy said:

If its just the yokes you are after, get the one from the bike the forks came off. Failing that, you can always have a set made up of nice billet alloy. Theres a set of yokes on fleabay for the 91 750 GSXR for £120.

It I just the bottom yoke that I am after. I do not have access to the bike these came off of. I got them from someone who had planned on doing a conversion on something and never did then stashed them away for some years. 

I've seen the ones on Eblag. A tad out of my price range right at this moment (post holiday brokeness). Just trying to find a cheaper alternative if possible, hence why I'm asking for compatible years lol. 

17 minutes ago, SiBag said:

Hi,

Welcome to OSS.

This may be of use.

have a look in the vault there is loads of good info..

Fork-Conversion-Details.jpg

Thanks! That is a big help! I came across a chart like this but didn't have all of the info that this one has.

Edited by DB90
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CockneyRick said:

Spindle won't, yours is mech speedo & that one has a spacer cos of Elec pickup.

And just a guess, but i'd stick with the one for bike as the gap between forks is likely to be different due to them having totally different wheels/spacers/spindles ;) 

I probably should have stayed that this is a conversion that is going onto my Xs650 chopper, so I'm not worried about specific things swapping perfect. I'm going to have to make alot of modifications. Mostly just getting correct bearings and making wheel spacers. 

4 minutes ago, Robsj413 said:

What's the diameter of the forks there? I've just pulled my slabby appart and I'm fitting a set of forks off an srad on there, however I did buy most of it off a helpful chap on here.

From all of my research and measurements it should be 

Top - 50mm

Bottom - 54mm

you need a pair, the top yoke you have has a different stem offset to the later GSXR yokes, so you need a 54mm bottom yoke from 1990 to 1992 oil cooled, all the water-cooled slingshots and later SRAD/K series have different offset, as long as you get a pair that match it doesn't really matter as you will need wheel spacers and stuff..:tu

and of course you need to consider the different diameters of the steering stems;)

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
  • Like 1