Bloody Wiring.

Boothy

Hi all. So I am now down to the wiring on the Gsxr/Bandit/Whatever bits fit bike.This is now a 1200 bandit engine, with a GSXR CDI. Looking at the loom that was in there, I decided the best course of action was to junk it. It was a right ole birds nest of an affair. So I got me a wiring diagram and off I sets. Couldnt figure out why the wiring from the CDI  was different, despite having the correct diagram for the K model and 1200 Bandit the bikes nearly based on. Anyway,  my CDI has the wires going into it, rather than on a plug that plug into the cdi, there are then 3 plugs on the end of the wires. I have plug with a yellow and a blue wire that I reckon go to the pickup, a black and a green on another plug. The 3rd plug with The other wires coming out nearly match up to the wiring diagram, being a orange/white which I reckon goes to coil + and then off to handlebar switch for Kill/start. A black/white wire I reckon is a negative, a black/yellow wire, to coil - and a white to coil -

So my question is, if this is indeed as I suspect a cdi from an old slabside, is the plug with the black and the green wire for a second pickup, and if so, can I just leave it unplugged, or does it need splicing into something ? Also, how is the rev counter picked up on a slabby, from the coil ? As I have no wire from cdi  to rev counter on this....

Any advice would be appreciated. I cannot for the life of me find a wiring diagram for a slabby that isnt attached to bloody photobucket (wont work for me)...

Cheers Chaps

Edited by Boothy

Bugger. So if I get a bandit mk1 cdi, is there anything that needs bypassing or wiring in. I am using an aftermarket 2 wire ignition switch, and the bamdit pickups/plate. I thought I read somewhere about some fancy resistor or whatever on the ignition side that will stop the bike running if not wired up.... 

Ok, I have sourced a MK1 1200 CDI box, and a MK1wiring harness for the plugs. Having had a look at the wiring diagram for a MK1 Blandit, I am struggling to see how the ignition system wires up. there is an Orange/White wire going to both coils and to the kill/start switch. But thats it. It dosent seem to go into the CDI unit at all. On a GSXR it does go to the CDI. So how does this side power up ?

Do any of you kind souls have a basic race/chop ignition wiring diagram you can let me see please ?

FOUND ONE, Just gotta type the right thing into the search huh......

Edited by Boothy