Gsx1100g Gearbox

Goo'Roo

Watched a project build the other day on YouTube. Guy converted a Yam 750 3 cyl from shaft to chain. Lot of work involved. Can't imagine the G being any easier. He did all his own machining too! I suppose if you give it a good coat of looking at, and are able to do the machine work 'in house', it might be worth trying. Put it up as a project if you go ahead. We'd  all be interested seeing it, I'm sure!(y)

I need a G engine, or at least the cases.
I've checked the gearbox bearing/needle roller measures comparing them with an 11F engine and they are the same until the last one that exit the case on the secondary shaft that is much bigger: 40x80x30.2 for the G and 25x62x19. Totally different on the drum side.
It would be interesting to try to fit a F/R gearbox building a flange at the exit of the secondary shaft.

I'm going to search for an engine soon

Having ridden both I dont rate the balancer system on the G to be honest, definatley not enough to make a modified set of cases to convert over to chain drive. The balancer it just saps a bit of power and doesnt really reduce vibes (I took the weight out on my last build)

Also G engines are like rocking horse shit.

7 hours ago, VJ said:

Sounds like you've exhausted a lot of options. One other one that comes to mind now ive thought about it, have you balanced the carbs recently?

I have a motorbike workshop in Italy and they're my bikes. 

Doesn't have nothing to do with carbs and so on. Simply at some revs if you keep all the super extra heavy stuff of the stock one mounted or after 5500rpm if you eliminate 30kg as I did on one of the 3, the frame and everything attached to it start to vibrate violently like a diapason.

Edited by Goo'Roo
7 hours ago, Goo'Roo said:

I have a motorbike workshop in Italy and they're my bikes. 

Doesn't have nothing to do with carbs and so on. Simply at some revs if you keep all the super extra heavy stuff of the stock one mounted or after 5500rpm if you eliminate 30kg as I did on one of the 3, the frame and everything attached to it start to vibrate violently like a diapason.

As i said it does seem like youve thought this through and tried a lot of things. Ive known a lot of IL4s vibrate quite badly if the throttles arent correctly synced to eachother though.