Which exhaust on 1200 dot head

Svsam

Started to fit the micron system on the dot head b12 motor. Struggling with clearance on the sump. I used the 750 sump too. 

Tried the b12 standard exhaust too but same problem. 

Even went and picked up a set of k5 headers just cause they were down the road and... well... I need the rest of a k5 to fit them too as the are way out! 

Maybe @fatblokeonbandit may know as I read you dot a few dot head builds?

The 2 bikes I used dot head motors,  one had standard b12 mk1 down pipes and sump went straight in, the other one I had micron  gsxr 1100 down pipes and fitted once I swooped sumps, I don't remember any problems with fitting either of them, I'll try and find pics, but it was a while ago(y)

It was the inlet side that was a pain with carb, fuel tap interface issues..:)

12 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

This was the first one I did, in this picture the dot head wasnt on it but all i did was swop the head and all the rest fitted as before. except the tank wouldn't go on, so I had to fit a pingle to give the clearance between the carb top and tap, this is due to the steeper inlet tract angle, 

QrSj3kX.jpg

As a sort of related issue, did you use the 750 dot rubbers or the Blandit rubbers? The different inlet angle may be one reason the 750 rubbers are 5mm shorter than the rubbers for bigger engines, so it gives a little more space as the carb bank is closer to the head.

2 hours ago, Dezza said:

As a sort of related issue, did you use the 750 dot rubbers or the Blandit rubbers? The different inlet angle may be one reason the 750 rubbers are 5mm shorter than the rubbers for bigger engines, so it gives a little more space as the carb bank is closer to the head.

It was in 2004 so I didn’t know about rubbers and stuff I just bolted the head and cams in, using std b12 cam wheels and pushed the tit it started and went like fek so I was happy ......

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 9:44 AM, dupersunc said:

The sump is the issue. sounds lime you need to fit the bandit sump and pick up.

You were right, put the bandit sump back on. 
im sure I’d read that you needed to sway to the 748 sump and pick up..maybe I misread it. 
On to the next problems, cooler catches headers now, and I’d ordered dot oil lines which mount underneath so they are too long for 1200 sump O.o loves a project!

46308380-2F80-4578-8F4B-C6039326F245.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fula28 said:

We used dot head, b12, bottom, end, b12 sump, Gsxr k5 micron serpent headers. New in a box, £67 eblag... 

Link pipe had to be heated to profile the swing arm,but this finally fitted well. 

I heard k5 headers worked some how. The stock ones I bought are no where near. Will have a look at micron ones. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 7:23 AM, Svsam said:

You were right, put the bandit sump back on. 
im sure I’d read that you needed to sway to the 748 sump and pick up..maybe I misread it. 
On to the next problems, cooler catches headers now, and I’d ordered dot oil lines which mount underneath so they are too long for 1200 sump O.o loves a project!

46308380-2F80-4578-8F4B-C6039326F245.jpeg

I used the stock slingy cooler (With standard B12 motor and headers )but we cut the bottom tabs off and rewelded them back a bit so the bottom sat out a bit further. Pain in the arse to weld but it worked!