Swap gs850glz engine into gs650 frame

Stucklen

• Blubber changed the title to Swap gs850glz engine into gs650 frame

Yeah haven’t Bought the 650 and I was seriously considering it. So if anybody knows for sure that this won’t fit I’d probably pass on the 650. The 850 motor needs to be pulled out of the frame And be Re-gasketed re do timing valves adjusted etc. I’m not one of those guys to spend money on a leap of faith Ha ha ha. So I was just asking before I made a major purchase. So if someone knows for a fact that the 850 will not fit in a 650 frame decisions made I’ll pass. Sorry about the post issue. I literally replied to an older post about 1100. As it was pretty close in topic. 

• Like 1

The 850 motor will NOT fit in a 650 frame without making the 650 frame cradle bigger. The 850 engines are bigger top to bottom and front to rear, and you'd have to sort out the shaft as the 650 swing arm are shorter and the drive shaft on the 650 is smaller where it bolts onto the engine than the 850.

but dont discount the gs650 shafty on its capacity, its a stonking little motor,  same as used in the katana 650, theyre actually 675cc so closer to 700cc really,  we toured scotland on one a few years ago, two up, kept up with all the big kats, was a bit wallowy but thats cos the shocks were well past their prime, but the little gs is a belting bike.

• Like 2