GS1000 chain conversion

Reinhoud

On 11/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, wraith said:

Had a 520 in the gsx1100f powered Kat (and I don't keep the revs down ;)) for about 2 summers now, had the standard new chain adjustment first rides but then it settled down and is still looking ok for one more summer.

If you're worried about putting a 520 on and you have the room use a 530. I think (may be wrong on this) some of the new gsxr1000 use 520 chains.

Modern liter bikes come fitted with a 525 chain standard. These modern liter bikes are pushing 200 plus horsepower at the crank. I think our bikes will be just fine with a 520 or 525 chain in a good brand like DID, EK, RK etc.

8 hours ago, 80GS1000 said:

Modern liter bikes come fitted with a 525 chain standard. These modern liter bikes are pushing 200 plus horsepower at the crank. I think our bikes will be just fine with a 520 or 525 chain in a good brand like DID, EK, RK etc.

Yes, 525 or 530 mostly fitted to gsxr1000 which as you say are pushing a lot more hp than a gs will ever do.

as seen in that site (item number 222791250711) 520 AFAM set for gsxr1000 k1-6 (race, so getting a lot of stick. Yes before some know it all will say race bike most probably get changed more often than a road bike) ;) unless you need the room (not much between them depending on make of chain) or looking at saving as much weight as pos, a 520 chain will work but a 530 are easyer to get off the shelf.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:02 PM, 80GS1000 said:

Mine is pushing out about that too, and a lot more torque..

• Like 1