Head Gasket

Boothy

So I got to thinking this morning, whilst looking at the collection of parts I have for the engine build... If I am using b12 barrels and pistons that have a bigger bore....and a dot head from  a 750 that has a smaller chamber... Which bloody cylinder head gasket do I need ?? My guess would be gasket from a b12, but am I right ?

Taking layers out of head gaskets is fine, as long as the squish is ok. 0.9mm is safe on these. 0.7mm if you're feeling racey. 

Other issue with Dot head is the valves are longer and closer to the piston before you start. So if skimming the head or modifying the gasket, check valve to piston clearance.

Edited by dupersunc
  • Like 1

Well, I aint looking for a race bike. I want more bottom end and mid range grunt. So after reading lots on this forum, I might well keep the 1200 engine semi standard. Do a bit of head filling, dial in some cams and fit the carbs and ignition of the 1100K. Could be the best way forward to achieve what I want...

Fortunately the dot head, K cams etc etc should sell  on Fleabay enabling me to get the rest of the bits I need to get the bike finished for Easter weekend 2020.....

Decisions decisions... Love it when the plan is almost formulated and then gets destroyed, by another plan......