shock swap, starter relay relocation?

baldrick

hello, im in the process of training my slave child to replace shocks (its much easier than doing it yourself, and little fingers are great for finding relay bolts etc.).

hes wondering where to relocate the starter relay etc from the underside of the battery box to?

hes not up to soldering yet, so somewhere he doesn't have to chop the wires out preferably.

Where have you all put yours? pictures are good.

cheers

gsxr1.JPG

gsxr2.JPG

On 11/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, baldrick said:

he's not up to soldering yet, so somewhere he doesn't have to chop the wires out preferably.

Sort of limits your options then to wherever the wires will reach - Its a lot easier if you extend the wires - not particularly the big battery ones just the smaller gauge ones! Mine always live close to that battery wherever that happens to be!

• Like 1

yeah I think you are right.

im keeping the airbox, M models are a huge pain in the arse to set up properly without it.

I will pull it all round to the left hand side I(as you sit on the bike think and mount it, and just extend the thinner cables.

Think it will be on the front of the battery box to save it getting covered in road crud etc.

thanks for your help

Thanks mate, I know the gap you are on about. between battery box and surrounding plastic shroud.. Top right of the pic below.

that 'was one of the locations  where I was looking to put mine. The surround is quite flimsy so I think I will make a lightweight bracket to mount it off.

gsxr3.JPG

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 1