CV Carburetor refurb/Cerakote treatment

rdubandit

I picked up a set of used carbs on Eblag to refurb and try Cerakote:

fullsizeoutput_c64_zps0jr24ntj.jpeg

I had intended on a full strip-down (removing butterflies and rails), but found a room-temperature cure coating.

After a Pine-Sol soak, and rinsing with both water and acetone, taping and plugging, I airbrushed on Cerakote C-Series (room-temp curing) "Cobalt":

fullsizeoutput_c90_zps2zf7vw2n.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c92_zpsjjnlucgv.jpeg

After a few days of curing, I removed the tape and sanded off the coating from the "MIKUNI" lettering:

B84D38A3-BE1C-4151-8445-3268D6AA98ED_zps

Red float bowls are my choice, although I will order a red that better matches the red on my bike:

1559D66B-7A1B-4F37-9E77-1D2E4EB4F7B5_zps

• Like 5

Thanks, gents!

Here's a pic with the float bowls coated (Cerakote H-series).  The coating:hardener ratio can take you from a matte --> satin --> semi-gloss finish.  I opted for satin finish and the crimson color isn't too bling-y and is a decent match for the red on my black Bandit:

6D16167B-B4C5-430E-BA62-887D768B8354_zps

Edited by rdubandit
grammar
  • Like 4

I'm making my own choke assembly (some of the parts, like the holder, are no longer available) that works like those of the slingshot GSX-Rs.  I drew up the holder in Tinkercad and had a few laser cut from 14 gauge stainless (I hand bent this one with small, toothless pliers).  I bought some 0.188" stainless rod that I'm shaping on my Chinese bench lathe.  The plan is to weld a small piece of tubing to the choke bar and E-clip the stainless lever on either end of the piece of tube.  

0151E4A0-BF95-4828-BB71-31A50FB84D87_1_2

Do you think I can use my threading tool to cut notches for the E-clips, or should I thread it and attach the lever with nuts?

Edited by rdubandit
punctuation