Slingshot 11 arm in efe frame

ziggy

Is anyone running slongy 11 arm in efe frame? Bought mine with one already in and noticed the wheel is not central - its not meant to be off side, is it? I cant centralise it as sprocket nuts are close enough to the swinger already. But even if I could I wouldnt get chain run right without aprox 2" offset front sprocket.

Next thing is bandit wheel - do I need slingshot spacers and caliper hanger for bandit wheel in slingshot arm? Got bandit bits but looks like its few mm's too wide for gsxr swinger.

Cheers

Think that might be the case Cobby - had a better look and looks like the swinger is off set to the right. Doesnt look like its been machined down so would assume the frame has been modded (never seen standard efe frame so cant tell), the spindle bosses have been taken out to 20mm to accept spindle.

Here are some pics

20150930_200903_zpsmkzzmrau.jpg

20150930_200921_zpsqhh9ny6n.jpg

20150930_201147_zpsluhnq6up.jpg

20150930_201402_zps4f92ciim.jpg

20150930_201632_zpsv492hkce.jpg

20150930_201646_zpspvuisn2d.jpg

20150930_201834_zps3oqtynev.jpg

Ok slingshot & bandit arms are about the same internal dim where the wheel goes ..245mm ish....

on an EFE with a bandit or slingshot arm the chain is very close to the frame "and the foot peg bolts" and its usual to use a 530 chain with a 3/8th or 5/8th offset front sprocket...

looking at your pics again "and what I used in mine"..  your chain side spacer looks about the same and the bottom " slingshot / bandit " hanger in lower pic is what used......

So regardless of it being in the middle or not  Does the wheel fit in the arm with those ? 

Odd but

I use a length of aluminium box and drop a string line's down to check centre

But a string line from the headstock to the centre of the frame at the rear works.....you should then be able to check if the swinger and then the wheel is in the right place..

I would use the centre of top dog bone pivot as a ref point for the arm  given the pivot may have been hacked and see what you need to do ....

Wheel, even though its as far left as poss, is still offset to the right so either the swinger is offset in the first place or something is not right here

Used bandit spacers and bandit caliper hanger is too wide and slingshot too small. 

I might add; The swingarm you have is off a Slingshot, therefor you need GSXR spacers. Looking at the picture of the wheel fitted, you have too much room from the sprocketcarrier to the actual arm, with the wheel sitting too far to the right, as mentioned. I think you have Bandit spacers now and a B-swinger is wider (we're talking millimeters), so that's not going to fit. Get the GSXR wheelspacers and caliperhanger and try again.