Gsx1100ef

rupsol

New member so go easy - saw and dribbled over the bikes at Stoneleigh at the weekend. Bought back a lot of memories of younger days and my love for the ef's. I built the this back in the late 90's - sold it for peanuts (the bandits had just come out and nobody wanted them) - It then appeared on Eblag last year and I pissed around and didn't buy it back....the wife's fault. Any one on here own it now? It was quick - it ran 10.6 at Longmarston if I remember. Love to get her back...

gsx1100.jpg

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Askamaskinservice said:

Welcome to OSS, nice bike.(y)

That pic was from the Eblag add last year - when I had it it had a yellow frame and wheels - forks were black and the cam cover was blue (no taste back then) - it had 60k on the motor even then - smoked a little on the overrun but still went well. Have never found abike since with that sort of torque

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blubber said:

Out there...Loads. All to be found on the known action sites.

On here...None in the classifieds. 

Classifieds?  Yep. You can't see them... Yet. All revealed in the rules. 

seen none for sale recently - apart from a couple on Eblag.  What are the "known action sites"?

57 minutes ago, Blubber said:

Eblag, Gumtree, autotrader and even on  import sites.  

Just use your favourite search engine and search for " suzuki gsx1100 ef for sale" or any other designation for this model

Gems like these pop up Sometimes

Or source in parts at the breakers 

thanks - have been doing that but only uk sites - see there are a load of gs1150e's in the states - pretty cheap.....anyone want to come in on a container lol

2 hours ago, davecara said:

That was me, I know your old bike very well. @busa ashhad it for a time and loaned it to me. I went all over the IOM on it in 2016, very torquey Motor but it hated traffic!

blimey small world - yes I remember the traffic thing well - very lumpy cams. Your grey bike really peaked my interest again...…..yeh thanks for that lol

1 hour ago, busa ash said:

Hi welcome to oss .I sold it to a chap in London area  who was going to do a full re build to a very high spec was a good bike 

yes loved the old girl - wish I had bought it back when it was Eblag. What did you get for it in the end. If I remember I sold it for £1500 - must have been 2003/4