Weight gsxr 1100 87 performance.

ELLESS

6 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

I don't know what other stock wheels are lighter but look similar (somebody on here will). It looks like you've got to the point where it's money on fancy materials or cut back on the pies.

And maybe a bit of training/exercise to shift the Kilos. :(

Caramba!

42 minutes ago, ELLESS said:

Do you know the weight of the rear wheel ?

Not sure exactly of the weight but iirc the zx6/9r wheels from the later models (they have thinner spokes) are around 1.5-2kg lighter than the slingshot ones with disc and sprocket carrier. They are really cheap too. Not sure of what the sprocket offset is off hand. 

I will see if i can weigh and measure a, set when I get chance to get in my garage, ive got loads of em

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

Not sure exactly of the weight but iirc the zx6/9r wheels from the later models (they have thinner spokes) are around 1.5-2kg lighter than the slingshot ones with disc and sprocket carrier. They are really cheap too. Not sure of what the sprocket offset is off hand. 

I will see if i can weigh and measure a, set when I get chance to get in my garage, ive got loads of em

But are they threespoke?

Any of the bikes that raced in the last few years have far lighter wheels - supersport class have to use std wheels, as has been said twisted spoke Slingy wheels are very heavy - front : 11lb10oz with spacer and bearings, rear 16lb 14oz likewise (you youngsters can convert to kg !) to give an idea I have a 600/750/1000 k8/9Lo front it's 9lb 2oz, the rear is a later (L3) 750 wheel and weighs just 11lb 4oz , the L1 onwards 600/750 front wheels are under 9lb.  There's less mass in the rim on modern wheels too. this makes a difference too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Oilyspanner said:

Any of the bikes that raced in the last few years have far lighter wheels - supersport class have to use std wheels, as has been said twisted spoke Slingy wheels are very heavy - front : 11lb10oz with spacer and bearings, rear 16lb 14oz likewise (you youngsters can convert to kg !) to give an idea I have a 600/750/1000 k8/9Lo front it's 9lb 2oz, the rear is a later (L3) 750 wheel and weighs just 11lb 4oz , the L1 onwards 600/750 front wheels are under 9lb.  There's less mass in the rim on modern wheels too. this makes a difference too.

Thats great! and what bike do you have?