Weight gsxr 1100 87 performance.

ELLESS

Mine is  around the same weight .  head cooler adds a bit if weight but helps power more. I have Astralites which aren t the lightest wheels but lighter than the slingshot wheels it had.

To go lighter I'd replace the rear caliper and disc, the seat unit is quite a thick lay up so some weight could be saved there. I'd build an alloy tank too. 

Then you are into removing alternator and starter and lightening the clutch and gearbox parts. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Mine is  around the same weight .  head cooler adds a bit if weight but helps power more. I have Astralites which aren t the lightest wheels but lighter than the slingshot wheels it had.

To go lighter I'd replace the rear caliper and disc, the seat unit is quite a thick lay up so some weight could be saved there. I'd build an alloy tank too. 

Then you are into removing alternator and starter and lightening the clutch and gearbox parts. 

Hi , i allready dumped the alt. and this winter i will remove the starter,and some small things that go with it. 

7 hours ago, Askamaskinservice said:

You have to spread the pipes apart , other than that it should work.

2240gram is the weight of mine.

Isn't installed yet but will be fitted to GSX1100F engine.

My stainless Yoshi header is 3500 grams, so that will make some reduktion.

2 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

Sorry to be the one to ask but, how heavy is the rider ?  Often the easiest and cheapest way to lose a few kg. 

95kg with all, ready to race. Yeah i know, but could brake a arm and leg to get the weight of the bike rather then me.

7 hours ago, ELLESS said:

My stainless Yoshi header is 3500 grams, so that will make some reduktion.

I would rather keep the yoshi headers than swapping to the gsxr ones, loose more in power than you will gain in the weight saving. 

Looks like youve done most of the affordable stuff. 

Biggest saving and handling improvement you can make is getting some lighter wheels. Can save quite a few kg's and its unsprung weight