GSX750ES into 550 frame?

Motovalet

I like the idea of fitting an air cooled GSX750ES motor into a GSX550ES frame. Both frames are visually similar but I think the 550 might be too narrow and too low between the top and bottom rails? Does anyone know if it does or better yet anyone done this swap? I know an oil cooled motor is smaller but I’d like to stay aircooled!

• Like 1

Hallo mate, just saw your sweet looking bike on t’other thread :)

I can tell you it’s a bloody tight fit, still haven’t got it all measured up properly yet, (horrible virusy thing making me feel like crap) but hope to make a bit of progress tomorrow... After much mocking-up (loosely) of rear suspension components, it’s gonna be easier to use a twin-shock setup (the official line is that it looks more period xD). Of course that means extra bracing, but no harm in that. A lot of things I’ve come across have been annoyingly close to fitting, but dont, ho-hum. 

I think (could be wrong) that 750 frames are larger, so you could probably save a good bit of hassle if you had one of them to start from, but where’s the fun in that? :D

Sorry, mis-read your post as fitting GSXR750 motor! Told you I was ill!

Edited by Ronny
Man-flu