air filter box/housing full of fuel

RAGGY

What he said. Check oil level and drain if full of fuel. Then take bike outside, remove tank, drain carbs, remove spark plugs, disconnect CDI so no stray sparks, stand back and then crank the engine over on the starter. It will immediately be obvious if any of your cylinders are full of fuel as this will be forced upwards in a jet out of the plug hole.

For this to happen you have to have the 2 problems at the same time, the fuel tap passing when engine not running, and one or more float valves not shutting off.

Do as dezza says above, then stick your carbs in a vice and rig up an auxiliary fuel supply, that will show you which float valve is passing, and try it again when they have been cleaned or replaced.

Then check fuel tap isn't on prime before fixing it..:tu

Nj9kSBZ.jpg

• Like 1

holy shit just took the starter case cover off and a mixture of what looks like fuel and all the engine oil came pissing out everywhere i reckon a good couple of litres.this has only happened since i took the tank off to get at the starter motorO.o.there is no fuel switch on the tank just the 2 hoses fuel and vaccum.shall i leave the starter crankcase open with no cover to let any fuel evaporate,cheers raggy

so if the tap dosent have a  switch/lever to turn fuel off when you disconnect fuel hose should it automatically stop?and if thats the case is it a faulty fuel tap and if so where can i get one,cheers raggy,ps thanks for all the help everyone,cheers raggy

15 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Yes it's a vacuum tap, no flow if the engines not running...

See you can get a repair kit..:tu

BUT the carb float valves must be passing as well or they would shut off and not flood the engine....:D

hi can you direct me to a repair kit,cheers raggy

21 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

At the very least you need to change the filter and drain all the oil in the sump and the cooler, is the cooler top or bottom fed??

Last time this happened I used some cheap oil to flush the system completely..:tu:tu

if the tap doesn't have Prime then its definitely passing so will need rebuilding..

gonna change oil filter and all the oil in the sump looks like its all gone/drained.as for the cooler its bottom fed should i disconnect the feeder pipes or do you think the oil would have drained when sump plug was removed,thanks again raggy(y)

thanks for that,asda have got some castrol gtx 10w40 synthetic engine oil for £15  should be £25 would this be ok for now to ride with it in as its basicly to flush the engine but also to ride with in for 2 weeks till i get some proper oil,cheers raggy:D

3 hours ago, RAGGY said:

thanks for that,asda have got some castrol gtx 10w40 synthetic engine oil for £15  should be £25 would this be ok for now to ride with it in as its basicly to flush the engine but also to ride with in for 2 weeks till i get some proper oil,cheers raggy:D

DO NOT USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL - it causes more problems ....... mineral or semi synth only. Fully synth can kill the clutch in less than 50 - 100 miles!

https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/suzuki/gsx_750_w_x_inazuma_js1ae/98-99/picture/fuel_tap_repair_kit - I hope you have an inazuma? They ain't universal - may fit / may not?

oh well no start again,fully charged battery,new starter motor,petcock rebuild kit,fresh fuel,one click on start again and smoke coming off the starter motor live feed if i keep ignition button pressed for a couple of seconds.gonna keep going though,cheers raggy